GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"my nipple piercing..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 21:15
Regular
"I'm busy"
ok, I'm straight before you ask, wanted to do something a little different, a tattoo was too perminent for me. At least a piercing will heal over without time.

but it's been over a year and I say this now, next bit it gross so dont read if you dont want to know

when ever I take the bar out it still has a bit of white gunk around it (white blood cells) so in a year it still hasn't healed

anyone else had theirs done, and has it healed yet??
Tue 16/11/04 at 16:28
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
Saying that, I had a Platinum bar in my eyebrow. That healed in no time at all.
Tue 16/11/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
I had mine done back in 2001. And they dont usually take that long to heal. Usually 3 months at the max.

I would recommend going to the doctors as they can give you some antibiotics to help fight the infection as its obvious that you have one. After the infection has healed. go to the guy who did it and get another bar. Platinum bars are the best.
Tue 16/11/04 at 15:37
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
I had mine done years ago (I am straight as well) & it healed very quick. I had a ring in it which made it easier to clean. I think thats you might want to see a doctor. Doesn't sound to healthy.
Mon 15/11/04 at 22:01
Regular
"Twenty quid."
If it's already been a year then I don't think a few more weeks will make any difference.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:45
Regular
"I'm busy"
Thanks for the help...

it is one piercing though I hasten to add, but it's a valid point, I suppose rotating it around to get the crap out doesn't do it much good, thought I was being hygenic, but not really if it's trying to heal, I think seeing a piercer would help, it was all done correctly, with a fresh cannula and everthing.

i'll sit on it for a few more weeks and perhaps try some savlon!
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:39
Regular
"Twenty quid."
[URL]http://tattoo.about.com/cs/piercefaq/a/110603a.htm[/URL]

"... The less aggravation your piercing undergoes, the quicker the healing time will be. It should only take about 6-8 weeks ...

... If it's been many months and your nipples still haven't healed, you may have an allergy or sensitivity to the jewelry you are wearing. You also might be doing something to aggravate it without realizing it. It's best to see your piercer (or any professional piercer) and let them look at it so they can make an informed suggestion for healing.

Jewelry Rejection
Is a nipple piercing considered a surface piercing? And can it reject like a surface piercing? Technically, no. Although the nipple is similar to a surface piercing in that it enters and exits the skin in two different areas, it's not quite the same. The nipple is fleshy enough to pierce securely behind plenty of skin to prevent rejection. But that doesn't mean a nipple piercing can't reject - especially if it's not done properly in the first place. If the jewelry gauge is too thin or the piercing isn't deep enough to begin with, you run the risk of rejection. If you have an allergy to the metal, it could cause it to reject. If you have problems with infection and/or tug and pull on it too much, it could reject. Actually, almost any piercing falls under these rules - so make sure your piercer knows what they're doing and be extra dutiful about your aftercare!"
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:36
Regular
"Twenty quid."
*re-reads topic title*

Ah. It should've healed fairly quickly, i.e. in less than a year. Go and see a doctor.
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:35
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Which part of your body are we talking about?
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:27
Regular
"I'm busy"
I keep it in but it still happens, it's only a little which builds up but its obviously not healing properly, it's a pure gold bar so I shouldn't be allergic to it.

the piece of paper I was given stated that this was normal, but that it would heal. Perhas a platinum bar would be better (why does my body have to have expensive tastes?)

I have no other piercings so I'm stumped
Mon 15/11/04 at 21:24
Regular
Of course it won't heal if you keep shoving a bloody bar in it.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.