GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New AVG"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 16:47
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've just got the new free AVG which seems all happy and shiny, however it found 41 infected files during the test and only removed 3 of them.

Does this mean the other 38 infected files dont need to be removed, or is it just pure rubbish?

Help, please.
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:28
Regular
"SOUP!"
go on... ?
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:39
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
Prevx - [URL]http://www1.prevx.com/[/URL]

It prevents trojans, adware etc
Adaware and others look for them on your pc and remove them. Prevx tried to stop them getting on your pc in the first place.

If you can remove them try the link I gave you before to panda online scan. Will scan your pc and remove viruses. Its a web based virus checker.
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:41
Regular
"SOUP!"
Is prevX free for life, or a limited edition?

I'm going to try the panda scan, I have panda antivirus but it hates me :-(
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:45
"possibly impossible"
Buy

Norton
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:49
Regular
"SOUP!"
I'd rather circumcise myself with a paperclip.
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:51
Regular
Good man.
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:51
"slightlyshortertagl"
The thing is, para; It's worth putting a bit of money together for Norton System Works.

For me, it's the only piece of legal software on my PC (even my Student OfficeXP has been used on about 7 different machines)... and I'm not regretting it.

If it's the only real bit of software you're buying.. make it Norton.

Oh, and don't buy it from Amazon unless you use my link.. I'll MSN it to you later :-P
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:52
Regular
"SOUP!"
In the Prevx license agreement...

[I]7.2 Prevx’s liability to you for death or bodily injury resulting from the negligence of Prevx or for fraudulent misrepresentation shall not be limited by any provision in this Agreement. OTHERWISE IF, NOTWITHSTANDING PARAGRAPH 7.1, PREVX IS HELD TO HAVE LIABILITY TO YOU IN RELATION TO THE SOFTWARE WHETHER UNDER CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY OR ANY OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, PREVX’S TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU SHALL NOT EXCEED THE MONIES PAID BY YOU TO PREVX FOR THE SOFTWARE and/or its upgrades.
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:52
Regular
I've had Norton for a year and it was pretty rubbish.

Currently, the best protection on the market is the AVG 7.0 & Kerio Personal Firewall bundle.
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:53
"slightlyshortertagl"
Paradox: wrote:
> In the Prevx license agreement...

You read the license agreement?

:|

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.