GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"New AVG"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 15/11/04 at 16:47
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've just got the new free AVG which seems all happy and shiny, however it found 41 infected files during the test and only removed 3 of them.

Does this mean the other 38 infected files dont need to be removed, or is it just pure rubbish?

Help, please.
Tue 16/11/04 at 03:37
Regular
"Monster kill!"
I was using an old version of avg there, i just founf out there is a version 7.
It is a great help, thanks, it got rid of a virus soo quickly! I think the last avg i had was corrupted itself XD
Mon 15/11/04 at 19:08
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've got prevx installed now Aliboy, it looks fairly complex.

Can I do a system scan with it, or is it just real-time monitoring?
Mon 15/11/04 at 19:05
"slightlyshortertagl"
Paradox: wrote:
> I had Norton before (a dodgy copy, I'll admit) and it really messed
> my comp up so I'm reluctant to try it again.

:-P
Mon 15/11/04 at 19:03
Regular
"SOUP!"
I've got Prevx installed now, though cautiously so.

I had Norton before (a dodgy copy, I'll admit) and it really messed my comp up so I'm reluctant to try it again.
Mon 15/11/04 at 19:02
"possibly impossible"
> I'd rather circumcise myself with a paperclip.

Actually, I believe the new version comes with a paperclip and instructions to do just that.

So you can now do both...

...anyways, Norton hasn't let me down yet and is pretty good at keeping up to date, with a good virus knowledge backup website as well.
Mon 15/11/04 at 19:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
lol.

You work for apple, dontcha.
Mon 15/11/04 at 19:01
Regular
"Twenty quid."
Buy a Mac.
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:55
Regular
"SOUP!"
11. PRIVACY and COMBATING INTERNET CRIME

Prevx

Prevx is committed to combating internet crime, the abuse of the internet and unauthorized intrusions into personal privacy. We believe Prevx Home is a powerful tool in this fight, providing you with protection while accessing the internet and information to help fight internet crime.

The Software is provided to you free of charge. In return your copy of the Software will report attempted intrusion events (the Attack Data) to our central database anonymously. The Attack Data is anonymous and cannot be traced to you or your PC. We do not receive or record any personal data that can or will be used to identify you or your computer. We do not require or request your email address or any other personal details to identify you or your PC. The anonymity of the Attack Data has been audited. You can read the audit report in full at www.prevx.com. It explains the details of the Attack Data and the purpose to which it is put.

On receipt the Attack Data is aggregated into our central database and used to produce general statistics on attacks, threats, their propagation and overall measures of the level of internet abuse and crime. We do not use it for any other purpose other than analyzing and publishing overall threat activity on the internet, researching threats, compiling statistics and to further refine and improve the performance of the Software. Prevx compiles and supplies summary, near real time, threat statistics to commercial organizations from time to time in return for a subscription fee. If you do not wish to be part of a campaign to fight internet crime then simply uninstall the Prevx Home protection software.

------------------------

Does that mean if I'm illegally downloading things they can trace it and, though they say it is anonymous, I could perhaps be prosecuted?
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:53
"slightlyshortertagl"
> In the Prevx license agreement...

You read the license agreement?

:|
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:52
Regular
I've had Norton for a year and it was pretty rubbish.

Currently, the best protection on the market is the AVG 7.0 & Kerio Personal Firewall bundle.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.