GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Max and Paddy's road to nowhere"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 13/11/04 at 12:48
Regular
Anyone watch this last night?

For the ill-informed, it's a spin off from Pheonix Nights with Peter Kay in it.

Was pretty good, if a little crass on occasion.
Sat 13/11/04 at 19:10
Regular
First episodes are usually written to make an impression. So you'll watch it again.

Then again, there won't be any familiarity with the characters which is often integral to the enjoyment and humour.
Sat 13/11/04 at 19:19
Regular
"Insert Gently"
T'was crap, the advert hardly made an impression for the show, I will end up watching next week to see if it will be better or simply because Peep Show is after it
Sat 13/11/04 at 20:06
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
It wasn't great - especially the actor who plays Paddy. He's not a very good comic actor at all, very very wooden.

EDIT: No jokes about that last line.
Sat 13/11/04 at 20:25
"period drama"
Nah, didn't really make an impression. Some good bits - I won't mind too much if I miss it next week, put it that way.
Sun 14/11/04 at 01:37
Regular
It's repeated on Wednesday at 11.30pm, I think.

I'll be watching, since I missed it on Friday. :c(
Sun 14/11/04 at 11:34
Regular
To be honest, I found it pretty decent.

A lot of people I've spoken to are taking it too seriously, thinking it's going to be some witty-office-esque cringe-and-laugh-a-thon, when all it is, is a p***-take of male culture.

Light hearted humour.
Sun 14/11/04 at 12:49
Regular
"Paddy has needs! Paddy has needs!"
Sun 14/11/04 at 21:22
"possibly impossible"
I liked it.
Mon 15/11/04 at 18:34
Regular
"Captain to you."
not really a fan of 'Pheonix Nights' i watched 'road to nowhere' and wawsn't impressed i guess its just not my thing, prefer things like 'little briton'
Mon 15/11/04 at 20:54
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Ya twas very good. I think people were expecting it to be funny all the way, but it was the zanyness that was funny.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.