GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Bargains"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 27/12/04 at 20:36
Regular
"Touched!"
Picked up a lot of quality buys in my view over the last few days, I've spent around £200 in the last few days on DVD's and Games.

Grabbed most of them for £20:

Driver 3 - Wouldn't pay £40 for it but I think it's an alright game at £20 if a little frustrating at times.

POP2 - Haven't played the Xbox version yet, got it again at £20 but I was impressed with the PC version, also got it for the live content and the extra live modes too - looks like a good buy.

Flatout - Again I enjoyed the PC demo and I've been patiently waiting for this to go down in price and I picked it up today in Gamestation for £20, so I'll be giving this a bash on live later hopefully.

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection - Again another £20 bargain I've wanted for a few weeks which I have been holding back for. Seems impressive and it certainly brings back a few memories, if anyone else has this I'll be up for a fight on live as no one was online playing this morning - quite enjoyed it.

Mortal Kombat : Deception - I mainly wanted this for Live play but again felt it wouldn't be worth £40 just about to try it out and It's had decent enough reviews but at least I've got this and SF to keep me busy until DOA:U next year.

And I also picked up Mario Party 5 for £9.99 which I've also wanted for ages, anyone else grabbed any bargains? I think the sales have been pretty decent this time round, usually they have been pretty dire as far as games go!
Tue 28/12/04 at 01:54
Regular
"Touched!"
Auf Deutsch wrote:
> Cool, might just get it then. Shame barely anyone plays it on live
> though.
> And HHAT, I saw Burnout 3 for £19.99 today in Game. The sales
> this year are rubbish though, so I doubt you'd find it much cheaper.

Game are odd, as Burnout 3 was £29.99 in mine..
Tue 28/12/04 at 01:07
Regular
Cool, might just get it then. Shame barely anyone plays it on live though.
And HHAT, I saw Burnout 3 for £19.99 today in Game. The sales this year are rubbish though, so I doubt you'd find it much cheaper.
Tue 28/12/04 at 01:00
"slightlyshortertagl"
What's the cheapest people have seen Burnout 3 for? :-)
Tue 28/12/04 at 00:55
Regular
"Touched!"
Tis good..physics are excellent..reminds me of destruction derby but a whole lot better, I'd recommend it, Live play would be good if there was anyone on, but It's been quiet on live tonight anyway.
Tue 28/12/04 at 00:49
Regular
What's flatout like then?

I was tempted to buy it today, but picked up GR2 instead. But if it is good, I might go and get it later in the week.
Tue 28/12/04 at 00:48
Regular
"Touched!"
gerbil man wrote:
> Someone should pay you £20 to have Driv3r.

I actually quite like it..I just find the car handling annoying and boarderline crap.
Tue 28/12/04 at 00:12
Regular
Someone should pay you £20 to have Driv3r.
Tue 28/12/04 at 00:10
Regular
"8==="
I'll probably pick up The Suffering soonish.
Tue 28/12/04 at 00:06
Regular
sPiKeCaSt wrote:
> Sounds like a good price! Where from?

Can't remember.

Though I bought the game because apparently it has really good GAME PLAY.
Mon 27/12/04 at 23:27
Regular
"accidental superher"
was so tempted to buy GR2 but decided against it because i realised I have too many games to complete at the moment
(I did end up buying forbidden siren and disgaea: hours of darkness for ps2 though *sigh* I'm weak willed)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.