GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Smoking Ban"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 10/11/04 at 10:40
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It looks like Scotland is heading for this soon.

I'm a non-smoker myself but for some reason I can't help but feel sorry for smokers. It's an addiction/pleasure of life?, yet they are shunned like a modern day leper.

Shoved into smoking rooms, thrown outside and now can't go to the pub to have a pint and a fag.

Personally, when I go out smoke can annoy me slighter. Espeically when I smell like an ashtray the next morning. However, it's in the culture now... I don;t even know if I'll enjoy going out and just smelling beer and urine. I might miss the waft of stale smoke.

My verdict is that it's correct to ban it in transport/restaurants/work but I can see their argument for social occasions.

Or something.
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:40
Regular
"Excommunicated"
It looks like Scotland is heading for this soon.

I'm a non-smoker myself but for some reason I can't help but feel sorry for smokers. It's an addiction/pleasure of life?, yet they are shunned like a modern day leper.

Shoved into smoking rooms, thrown outside and now can't go to the pub to have a pint and a fag.

Personally, when I go out smoke can annoy me slighter. Espeically when I smell like an ashtray the next morning. However, it's in the culture now... I don;t even know if I'll enjoy going out and just smelling beer and urine. I might miss the waft of stale smoke.

My verdict is that it's correct to ban it in transport/restaurants/work but I can see their argument for social occasions.

Or something.
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:44
Regular
I fully support the total ban. I can't stand being subjected to second hand smoke wherever I go. Perhaps pubs/clubs should be allowed as long as they make it clear to non-smokers that they will be in a smokey environment, or something.

So yeah, I'd like to see an outright ban. Smoking is a mugs game anyway.
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:56
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
ßulle†† wrote:
> I fully support the total ban.
Wed 10/11/04 at 10:56
Regular
"Excommunicated"
But... people will look uglier without a haze everywhere.
Wed 10/11/04 at 11:01
Regular
Beer goggles will still fix that, if it's what you really want...
Wed 10/11/04 at 11:03
Regular
"Excommunicated"
I'll look uglier

EDIT: Just a little though, I'm sexhah
Wed 10/11/04 at 11:04
Regular
Get a cast over your head. Girls will give you sympathetic attention and they won't see your mug. Result.
Wed 10/11/04 at 14:14
Regular
It's a rubbish idea to stop smoking in public places.

It'd mean the smokers to stand in the doorway of the pub/club/venue/shopping mall to have a ciggarette. This then creates a thick film of smoke to penetrate through as you stroll in.

Do they not think of the children?
Wed 10/11/04 at 14:32
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
My shirt stinks from last night, and I've got to wear it again now as I'm off for a match and we've got to go in shirt and tie!
Wed 10/11/04 at 17:01
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
SHEEPY wrote:
> My verdict is that it's correct to ban it in
> transport/restaurants/work but I can see their argument for social
> occasions.

But pubs and clubs are a place of work.

And to gamesfreak - The rule means that you can't smoke within a certain radius of the place, not only within it's doors, so I don't think you'd be getting a wall of smoke that you had to penetrate.

I saw something about this on TV a while back, interviewing people in pubs in Ireland where the ban has already taken place. The staff said that when the ban was announced, a lot of regulars said they wouldn't come back if they couldn't smoke, but when it was actually introduced, pretty much all of them did anyway. I don't think it'll make much difference to bar popularity, and it'll hopefully make for a healthier nation. Although having said that, what with the problem of OAPs making up a larger and larger percentage of the population, you'd think the government wouldn't be too bothered about making the nation healthier...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.