GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"OFSTED is out our school.."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/11/04 at 20:35
Regular
..this week, for the once every 4 years inspection.

It's a waste of time of course, seeing as we knew they were coming a month ago and as such have spent the last 3 weeks planning this week alone. All the teachers have suddenly started writing 'Learning Objectives' on the board for each lesson and a load of other little things they've never done before.

Despite it being my favourite subject, my biology teachers currently don't like me as at least once every lesson I go down the "why?"..."Why does that happen then?"....."So then why did that bit happen?" question route until the teacher doesn't know the answer anymore, which doesn't make them look as good. I can't help it if I want to know exactly why all these things happen :(

Thankfully OFSTED can rely on us students to give an honest representation:

"So what do you think of this subject? Do you feel you get everything you need?"

"I hate ethics, all my lessons are enjoyable except these. All we ever do is sit there and get dictated to."

"There seems to be quite a lot of involvment though, and [the teacher] is using a variety of different stratergies and ideas, does she always do this?"

"Nah, they started doing all this lesson objective rubbish last thursday, we can't see the point in it."

"You got very good exam results, you must be pleased. Could I take a look at your book?"

"I don't have a book this year."

"Whys that?"

"I don't do any work, I just come in here and space out for an hour. Ethics is about as motivating as a bottle of beta blockers."

Stupid school and it's learning objectives. I really hate ethics.
Wed 10/11/04 at 17:34
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I dont think much of people who egg teachers and stuff like that, they may be crap at their job but they still have human dignity and feelings.
Wed 10/11/04 at 17:31
Regular
"Sorry about speelin"
I found it funny, you have soo much power over the teachers, it was so fun, even managed to make 2 of the worst teachers leave, one was egged right in front of an inspector lol!
Wed 10/11/04 at 16:51
Regular
"Monster kill!"
They just left my school today!
hurray!

Its veryvery annoying with them in the school!
Wed 10/11/04 at 16:13
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
My school was inspected not too long ago, and the teachers were obviously covering up their faults, putting lessons aims on boards and the like.

Now the inspectors are gone, it's back to normal, thank God. I hate having to do work. =D
Wed 10/11/04 at 15:42
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I remember when our school was being inspected when I was in 5th year us pupils did our very best to show up the teachers that normally couldnt be arsed and cast the ones that did actually normally do a good job in the best possible light.
Wed 10/11/04 at 15:37
Regular
Ha, I'm in my 6th year ofschool and we've yet to be inspected.
My school ro>
Well, the teaching part.
Rats flee the place because it's so crappy.
Wed 10/11/04 at 01:10
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
Dolores wrote:
> We have those guys twice a year as we are on our last warning. but if
> we're bad we get sent to a small out of sight room with a fat guy in
> it.

the school is on its last warning? or you personally?
Wed 10/11/04 at 01:09
Regular
"i"
We have those guys twice a year as we are on our last warning. but if we're bad we get sent to a small out of sight room with a fat guy in it.
Wed 10/11/04 at 01:03
Regular
"Silence Is Silver!!"
I'm at university learning to be a primary teacher.

Learning outcomes are known in the business as Expected learning outcomes and these are to be taken directly out of the National curriclum. The Expected learning outcomes or ELO'S for short are meant to be explained to the pupils in the introduction at the beginning of the lesson. and discussed at the end of the lesson with the children as a part of assessment. Of course this works in theory. I can show you a lesson plan layout if anyone is interested.

And before you ask..... I am 19 not 43!
Tue 09/11/04 at 23:54
Regular
"Monster kill!"
Cyclone wrote:
> It's so crap, they warn a school so they can pretend to be completely
> different....

yeah,
thats what they always do.
The school prepares for it and it looks like the school is "#1 in uk!" rubbish!, a day after they are gone, they stop all the fancy stuff.
and the students have to do a like questionaire thing, and the selections are "random" but they probably are not. :(

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.