GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Theme Addict - My Review..."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 09/11/04 at 08:04
Regular
1. Evolution - brilliant track, nice to hear it in full for once.

2. Carlito - not too bad, but I was never a fan of the song anyway. The spitting and "I spit in the face of people..." etc at the start is the best bit, however much that says for it.

3. Theodore Long - quite good this one, but I still can't get over the fact that it sounds as though a bit near the start is sampled from the WrestleMania 16 theme...Also Rodney Mack's theme, btw.

4. Christian - don't even get me started - it's not even his current theme! Bloody awful.

5. John Heidenreich - this one grew on me with some nice rockin' melodies, but the cheesiness of Heyman and Heidenreich shouting "Heidenreich" through it ceases to amaze me.

6. Diva Search - Why is this theme even on here? They could've at least put Walk Idiot Walk on, but no, and therefore this track won't get another listen.

7. Chavo Guerrero - Quite a nice track from the start with "Oooh, Chavo", but again, like CCC's, not something I'm terribly into.

8. Undertaker - I believe this was Taker's "remix" theme from WrestleMania 20, although I might have to check. Not terribly original, but nostalgiac and decent all the same. Good stuff.

9. Eugene - surprisingly, Eugene's new theme actually made the cut, and it's growing on me like a bad habit. Nothing terribly original, but it's worth a listen all the same.

10. Victoria - the most irritating theme on the CD, bar none. It sounds as though in the mixing studio, the record got stuck, because the phrase "my bad self" is used about 16 bajillion times.

11. Shelton - decent theme here, although it just sounds a little too "rappy" for my liking. The beats and tunes are nice, just a shame about Shelton's singing :0D

12. Kidman - really good theme, my 3rd favourite on the entire disc, and even though it's quite "rappy" again, it's still quite good, and one I've wanted on a CD for a while now.

13. Smackdown - the new Smackdown theme made the cut! It's OK, but I associate with the horrible intro that Smackdown has at the moment. I believe it's by Drowning Pool, so I'll let them off.

14. Gail Kim - the second-best track on here. May make me sound like a right fudgepacker, but I actually listen to this one a load. Really good stuff, shame she got the boot so we won't hear it again :0(

15. JBL - Meh, not a theme I've ever liked. Sounds like the intro was stolen from A-Train's theme if you ask me. And the bit after that reminds me of the Soul Calibur 2 victory theme. Not a big fan AT ALL.

16. John Cena - not worth your time, this is pap rap. They could've at least put his proper theme on, and I don't care if it was on Originals or not.

Overall, I was disappointed with it, but the 2nd CD with some sort of video on should be nice when the CD is released!
Tue 09/11/04 at 08:04
Regular
1. Evolution - brilliant track, nice to hear it in full for once.

2. Carlito - not too bad, but I was never a fan of the song anyway. The spitting and "I spit in the face of people..." etc at the start is the best bit, however much that says for it.

3. Theodore Long - quite good this one, but I still can't get over the fact that it sounds as though a bit near the start is sampled from the WrestleMania 16 theme...Also Rodney Mack's theme, btw.

4. Christian - don't even get me started - it's not even his current theme! Bloody awful.

5. John Heidenreich - this one grew on me with some nice rockin' melodies, but the cheesiness of Heyman and Heidenreich shouting "Heidenreich" through it ceases to amaze me.

6. Diva Search - Why is this theme even on here? They could've at least put Walk Idiot Walk on, but no, and therefore this track won't get another listen.

7. Chavo Guerrero - Quite a nice track from the start with "Oooh, Chavo", but again, like CCC's, not something I'm terribly into.

8. Undertaker - I believe this was Taker's "remix" theme from WrestleMania 20, although I might have to check. Not terribly original, but nostalgiac and decent all the same. Good stuff.

9. Eugene - surprisingly, Eugene's new theme actually made the cut, and it's growing on me like a bad habit. Nothing terribly original, but it's worth a listen all the same.

10. Victoria - the most irritating theme on the CD, bar none. It sounds as though in the mixing studio, the record got stuck, because the phrase "my bad self" is used about 16 bajillion times.

11. Shelton - decent theme here, although it just sounds a little too "rappy" for my liking. The beats and tunes are nice, just a shame about Shelton's singing :0D

12. Kidman - really good theme, my 3rd favourite on the entire disc, and even though it's quite "rappy" again, it's still quite good, and one I've wanted on a CD for a while now.

13. Smackdown - the new Smackdown theme made the cut! It's OK, but I associate with the horrible intro that Smackdown has at the moment. I believe it's by Drowning Pool, so I'll let them off.

14. Gail Kim - the second-best track on here. May make me sound like a right fudgepacker, but I actually listen to this one a load. Really good stuff, shame she got the boot so we won't hear it again :0(

15. JBL - Meh, not a theme I've ever liked. Sounds like the intro was stolen from A-Train's theme if you ask me. And the bit after that reminds me of the Soul Calibur 2 victory theme. Not a big fan AT ALL.

16. John Cena - not worth your time, this is pap rap. They could've at least put his proper theme on, and I don't care if it was on Originals or not.

Overall, I was disappointed with it, but the 2nd CD with some sort of video on should be nice when the CD is released!
Tue 09/11/04 at 09:24
Regular
So how did you get this...before it's even hit the US shelves?

Download it?
Tue 09/11/04 at 12:49
Regular
"..."
Maybe he got a mysterious 'Advance Copy'...
Tue 09/11/04 at 16:25
Regular
I have my "channels." My bro's buying it when it comes out anyway...
Tue 09/11/04 at 18:26
Regular
Then this shouldn't have been posted. Just like the reviews which have been copied, which you report, this is breaking the rules. Trying to make us jealous because you have an illegal copy?
Tue 09/11/04 at 19:31
Regular
"gametag:thebestbit"
how can you not like JBLs??? it has a mmmmooooo in it!
Wed 10/11/04 at 00:01
Regular
DW wrote:
> Then this shouldn't have been posted. Just like the reviews which have
> been copied, which you report, this is breaking the rules. Trying to
> make us jealous because you have an illegal copy?

Stop whining, right-wing git. I never once tried to make you feel jealous, I was merely giving a review to try and be helpful to people who are considering buying the album.
Wed 10/11/04 at 11:24
Regular
Reefer wrote:
> Stop whining, right-wing git. I never once tried to make you feel
> jealous, I was merely giving a review to try and be helpful to people
> who are considering buying the album.

For once...just stfu.

Seriously, you are such a hypocrite.

You report half a dozen reviews a week, yet this is just like them...breaking the rules. Besides, I don't see why you complain about these copied reviews...you shouldn't even be eligible to enter.
Wed 10/11/04 at 12:42
Regular
"..."
*Takes his soap-box back off DW...*
Wed 10/11/04 at 14:13
Regular
DW wrote:
> Reefer wrote:
> Stop whining, right-wing git. I never once tried to make you feel
> jealous, I was merely giving a review to try and be helpful to
> people
> who are considering buying the album.
>
> For once...just stfu.
>
> Seriously, you are such a hypocrite.
>
> You report half a dozen reviews a week, yet this is just like
> them...breaking the rules. Besides, I don't see why you complain
> about these copied reviews...you shouldn't even be eligible to enter.

"OMG!11 STFU!11111". Write it like a man, boy-o. And not once have I said that I obtained the CD illegally. Never heard of an advanced copy import? And finally, I report copied reviews because they're clogging up the reviews section, and hindering others from winning...

I really don't care for your opinion, and this argument is doing nothing but - i) clogging this forum with pure cack, and ii) diverging from the point of my original post. If you don't like it, naff off.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.