GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"University 2005"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 07/11/04 at 13:53
Regular
I realise that some people on this forum (including myself) are planning to go to university next year, and I figured it'd be nice to see who was going and how far they have got with their UCAS application.

I received my confirmation letter from UCAS the other day to say they have received my application, all I can do now is wait..

The university's/courses I have applied for are

University of Lincoln: Games Computing
University of Lincoln: Computing
Sheffield Hallam: Software Development (Games) - Offer - not for this course, however
Northumbira University: Computer Games Software Engineering - Offer
Nottingham Trent University: Computer Science (Games Technology) - Offer

I have received 3 offers so far.

What universitys have you applied for? Had any offers/Rejections yet?
Tue 05/07/05 at 19:47
Medicine
Tue 05/07/05 at 18:48
Regular
"The Red Shift"
If you're doing something that requires a decent amount of knowledge, then it's well worth looking at the best unis in that area. Then seperating by status.

PWC do some good uni reviews via certain, well defined criteria I think.

If you're doing a thrown away course, then just look for the one you most want to go to for fun stuff or the one with the highest reputation.
Tue 05/07/05 at 01:33
Uh... kind of bringing up an old topic here

Anyway.

WhiteStripes, what did you get into?

I think I'll be applying for Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, and an open Cambridge application, but I'm not sure about the last one, I don't quite know whether I can be bothered with the two three hour interviews, etc.

In applying for unis, should I be looking at the league tables for the specific course, and see which one is the best in its specific subject (medicine - Ox, Cam, Southampton, Liverpool, Manchester, Glasgow, Newc, Dundee, Imperial) or should I just be looking at general reputation? Coming out of it, I'll have the same basic qualification, so I'm thinking of perhaps going for the higher reputed universities, such as Imperial, rather than the better ones, such as Southampton.

I think, either way, if I complete the course then I'll be guaranteed a job when I leave, but was just wondering...

Also, WS, did you go for the 5- or 6-year course?
Sat 11/12/04 at 19:50
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Congrats WS... what date did you send your application off? Durham is the only one I haven't received back yet... I tracked it on the website, and aparrantly, "The Department has received your application". Hmm... possibly good, but who knows.
Sat 11/12/04 at 17:27
Regular
I've got an interview for medicine at Durham on Friday.

muhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh for the 9 hours I have to spend on a train.
Sat 11/12/04 at 16:36
Regular
"twothousandandtits"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> My choices are all over the place - one right in up Lancashire

Woo, that's where I live. Well, until I went to university.

...oh.
Sat 11/12/04 at 14:51
Regular
"Chavez, just hush.."
OK, I've just got to add another thing that ~has~ to be done at uni:

You have to go to a lecture still p*ssed from the night before, I did it about 2 weeks ago for the first (and only time) and it was one of the most random mornings ever!

XFM was playing on the radio even though I'm in the Midlands so drunken me started wondering whether I was dreaming! I then gave far too much money to the RAG people in the union and the lecture was... I can't remember much from the lecture!

That morning is a blur, it's the only time that my memory has suffered from being drunk too!
Fri 03/12/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Fozz wrote:
> 4) Try to hook up with your friend the first week there, cos its the
> hardest.
>
> "hook up"
>
> What do you mean by this?

lol. Sorry, I forgot that meaning, well..if you feel that way about your friends, then why not. Its about all you do in uni.

I meant get together with your friends as opposed to giving them a good anal inspection.
Fri 03/12/04 at 20:06
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
duplicate post emimination
Fri 03/12/04 at 19:18
"period drama"
My choices are all over the place - one right in up Lancashire, one is Sansea, two in London and one in Lincoln. And I live just about as far south as you can get.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.