GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spreading the love of ukchatforums via music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/11/04 at 14:29
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Since a shiny new broadband cable appeared in my house, I have downloaded a lot of music from the internet. The process is: download 20 odd songs by 20 different bands chosen at random, burn it onto a CD, and if I like any of it enough I then go and buy it. This method of listening to music has exposed me to an enormous amount of fantastic stuff that I otherwise never, ever would have heard. There is absolutely no way that I would have just done ought and bought a record by Roderigo y Gabriella or Explosions In The Sky if I hadn't downloaded some of thier stuff first. I expect some of you do a pretty similar thing.

So here is my plan. You sign up by leaving your e-mail addy here in this thread (or you can e-mail it to my hotmail if you're all secretive). Everybody burns a CD (or cassette) filled with whatever they want, then sends it via post to someone else who is participating. In return, someone else will send them a CD. This way everybody gets a shiny new CD filled with music that they probably have never heard before.

Anyone interested?
Wed 24/11/04 at 14:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Mouldy Cheeeeseeee - what's your email address?
Wed 24/11/04 at 20:38
Regular
"Got any carrots?"
thats illegal u idiot
Thu 25/11/04 at 14:11
Regular
"Bow to me!"
What isnt illegal? Smoking?
Sat 27/11/04 at 11:15
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
This is a very good idea in theory, but I'm not at all sure that it's legal. To be perfectly honest, it's better to send around MP3s by email, seeing that GMail offers 2Gb storage and Hotmail offers 250Mb- it's far more convenient, although a large file does take some time to send.

If this idea were feasible I would stay out of it, though- I've got far better ways of finding out about new bands- let me introduce you to Mr Interweb.
Sat 27/11/04 at 17:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
I've bought the music. On CD. It's also on my PC. Illegal?
Sat 27/11/04 at 17:59
Regular
"SOUP!"
blah blah blah "in theory"

just do it, Nancys.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The '?' was 'do I give a sh*t?'

You not get that, ey?

Shame on you.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
Who are you talking to?

I wasn't replying to your post.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You, foo'

And you know it, you were just stunned by the voracity and skill of my response.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
Voracity really isn't the right word to use.

You can't responde hungrily, unless it's a food or sex question.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.