GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spreading the love of ukchatforums via music"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/11/04 at 14:29
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
Since a shiny new broadband cable appeared in my house, I have downloaded a lot of music from the internet. The process is: download 20 odd songs by 20 different bands chosen at random, burn it onto a CD, and if I like any of it enough I then go and buy it. This method of listening to music has exposed me to an enormous amount of fantastic stuff that I otherwise never, ever would have heard. There is absolutely no way that I would have just done ought and bought a record by Roderigo y Gabriella or Explosions In The Sky if I hadn't downloaded some of thier stuff first. I expect some of you do a pretty similar thing.

So here is my plan. You sign up by leaving your e-mail addy here in this thread (or you can e-mail it to my hotmail if you're all secretive). Everybody burns a CD (or cassette) filled with whatever they want, then sends it via post to someone else who is participating. In return, someone else will send them a CD. This way everybody gets a shiny new CD filled with music that they probably have never heard before.

Anyone interested?
Mon 29/11/04 at 08:30
Regular
"I am Bumf Ucked"
CDouch - it's [email protected]

And anybody at all who wants to do a little trade, gimme an e-mail.

It probably is illegal. But my consience is completely clear, so balls to it.
Sun 28/11/04 at 11:25
Regular
Sounds interesting, but my CD rewriter's fooked. :\
Sun 28/11/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Cycloon wrote:
> I've bought the music. On CD. It's also on my PC. Illegal?

That's perfectly ok, so long as you don't sell on copies of the CDs. I was implying that some music download sources are illegal. Sorry about the mistake there.

gaybys wrote:
> Der Nazi wrote:
> seeing that GMail offers 2Gb storage
>
> 1

It was originally 2Gb. I didn't notice the change until I logged into Gmail earlier today, as I only really use it for email with attachments or stuff I'm seding out, seeing as MSN Hotmail is far more convenient for mailing lists etc, in the way I can access the inbox through Messenger.
Sat 27/11/04 at 23:20
Regular
"aka memo aaka gayby"
Der Nazi wrote:
> seeing that GMail offers 2Gb storage

Sat 27/11/04 at 23:05
"possibly impossible"
For a minute there, I thought you'd found the old Special Reserve FOG Tunes.

Go on, try to find the MP3s for them online. I'm sure someone's wasting hard drive space with them on their PC...
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:12
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Voracity is aggressive - not just in terms of food or sex - yes, it does connote hunger, but I've always thought it was more to do with violence.

Ah well, I ATE your....er........skill. I win both ways.

Hurra
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:09
Regular
"SOUP!"
Voracity really isn't the right word to use.

You can't responde hungrily, unless it's a food or sex question.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:07
Regular
"gsybe you!"
You, foo'

And you know it, you were just stunned by the voracity and skill of my response.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:01
Regular
"SOUP!"
Who are you talking to?

I wasn't replying to your post.
Sat 27/11/04 at 18:00
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The '?' was 'do I give a sh*t?'

You not get that, ey?

Shame on you.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.