GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Channel 4 and the Simpsons."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/11/04 at 10:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
2 bad episodes, followed by a load of crap celebrities telling us stuff we already knew. What's the deal with channel 4 - have they only got the newer (ie worse) episodes? Is it completely off BBC2? I don't care really, I've got all the good episodes on DVD, and the next couple of seasons they're releasing should be worth buying, but after that who really gives a flying toss?
Sat 06/11/04 at 10:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
2 bad episodes, followed by a load of crap celebrities telling us stuff we already knew. What's the deal with channel 4 - have they only got the newer (ie worse) episodes? Is it completely off BBC2? I don't care really, I've got all the good episodes on DVD, and the next couple of seasons they're releasing should be worth buying, but after that who really gives a flying toss?
Sat 06/11/04 at 10:55
Regular
"Excommunicated"
After watching the last few newer episodes I've finally admitted they all suck.

Shame, as the earlier stuff was gold.
Sat 06/11/04 at 10:58
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Yup. Channel 4 were probably happy as larry to get the rights, but I bet BBC2 are rubbing their hands after getting rid of the programme. It was appalling. Couple of laughs in two poor episodes, the documentary showed some funny clips (i.e. past seasons in the "golden age") but the quiz was excellent.

The embarrasment on the faces of all involved was a joy to behold.
Sat 06/11/04 at 11:02
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Heh, I watched it for about 5 minutes, and thought "Why are you doing this to yourselves"? I'm sure they were thinking that too. I noticed that about the clips too - the documentary used parts of older shows, when it was actually funny.

Also - £700,000 per episode...
Sat 06/11/04 at 11:22
Regular
"The Red Shift"
monkey_man wrote:

> Also - £700,000 per episode...

I'd laugh harder if they replaced it with "Angry Dad". That was funny.
Sat 06/11/04 at 11:44
Regular
""
Yeah... about that quiz, couldn't they have picked people who actually knew stuff about the Simpsons.

Mind you Nick Frost is just funny.
Sat 06/11/04 at 11:55
Regular
"0228"
Wyn wrote:
> Yeah... about that quiz, couldn't they have picked people who actually
> knew stuff about the Simpsons.
>
> Mind you Nick Frost is just funny.

Ralf Little seemed to have a fair bit of Simpsons knowledge but then there was Iain Lee...
Sat 06/11/04 at 11:59
Regular
""
Ian Lee is a very funny man and so is Nick Frost.

I think they were going more for comedic value.

Obviously Ralf Little knew quite a bit of simpsons and so did the other guy on Nick Frost's team.

Reckon they'll do the quiz but with members of teh genral public.
Sat 06/11/04 at 12:02
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Did anyone watch the Brand New episode on Sky One? I thought it was funny, but I think they're all funny...

Oh and teh one before that had Simon Cowell in it and he was so annoying, he's really bad at voice acting and he didn't speak normal like he should do.
Sat 06/11/04 at 12:08
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
The two episodes shown last night weren't up to much at all, though parts of "A Tale Of Two springfields" were quite funny- a few too overly predictable jokes, methinks. But it's classic Simpsons at 6 every weeknight from now on- finally something worth watching instead of the strange mixture of bad jokes and scripts that are cheesier than a French cheese market that is Friends.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.