GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Channel 4 and the Simpsons."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sat 06/11/04 at 10:48
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
2 bad episodes, followed by a load of crap celebrities telling us stuff we already knew. What's the deal with channel 4 - have they only got the newer (ie worse) episodes? Is it completely off BBC2? I don't care really, I've got all the good episodes on DVD, and the next couple of seasons they're releasing should be worth buying, but after that who really gives a flying toss?
Sun 21/11/04 at 19:11
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Whoever bought 'The Simpsons' from BBC2 may have commited 'Ratings-Suicide'.

And i thought they could sink no lower after they took Futurama and Family-Guy off the channel. :C
Thu 18/11/04 at 18:59
Regular
"Bow to me!"
I think Futurama is funnier, the characters are made for that purpose. The Simpsons is more all-round with better plots and more lovable characters. Its pretty funny too but never really had me laughing much. As Ive said before, I think they are equal in content, but obviously The Simpsons has the range.
Thu 18/11/04 at 18:08
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I like Fururama better.
Thu 18/11/04 at 15:40
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
I don't know if I'm just speaking out of my rear end, but when people compare Futurama to The Simpsons, they just seem to take into account the new episodes. Although it's excellent, Futurama doesn't come close to The Simpsons because it's never had me in stitches like the earlier seasons of The Simpsons. I've never laughed at Futurama like I did when Homer puts on lots of weight to become disabled, or when Bart and Homer have the prank war with George Bush or the episode with the "Carnie Code".

In my eyes, The Simpsons is unrivaled genius.
Thu 18/11/04 at 13:17
Regular
"Bow to me!"
That the style of the Simpsons though. They know what they are doing. The mid way episodes were a bit lacking but the new ones, I like. Futurama is great too, and thats obviously going to be seen as better as it didnt have as many episodes and now its dead.
Thu 18/11/04 at 12:31
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Nah, Futurama owns Simpsons every time now, I'm afraid. Never used to be that way, but look at the effort put into Futurama, and how lazy they've become with the Simpsons.
Thu 18/11/04 at 11:04
Regular
"Bow to me!"
I would say Simpsons <> Futurama
Thu 18/11/04 at 00:06
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Gabbo wrote:
> Coin wrote:
> Futurama > Simpsons
>
> Stupidest. Statement. Ever.

Although it is true.
Thu 18/11/04 at 00:04
Regular
"No Surprises Please"
Coin wrote:
> Futurama > Simpsons

Stupidest. Statement. Ever.
Wed 17/11/04 at 23:27
Regular
"Vote For Pedro"
It was on earlier this week. Missed it which was annoying as I love that episode.

Think it was on Sky.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.