GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"F**king Disgraceful"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 04/11/04 at 18:40
Regular
So Ferdinand gets a 50 grand fine and an 8 month ban for missing a drugs test in which he offered to do again the same day and bloody Mutu gets a 20 grand fine and a 7 month ban for testing positive.

FA are stupid f**king nobs!!!1111

That is all.
Fri 05/11/04 at 20:49
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
You said if the ban was longer than Rio's then players would *forget* their tests and thus take the lesser punishment correct?

Well to my knowledge the tests are random and they only give a warning to the chairman or manager that they're coming and will be conducting tests on a certain number of players picked at random, so the players won't have any way of knowing when they'll be tested or shouldn't know anyway
Fri 05/11/04 at 20:43
Is that directed at me? I'm not sure I understand your point.
Fri 05/11/04 at 20:42
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Even though the tests are meant to be random and the testers just show up on the day i think without any warning, or if they do give a warning probably only to the chairman.
Fri 05/11/04 at 20:40
I think it's good he got a smaller punishment than Ferdinand, because for one, he was only on recreational drugs which would more likely have hindered his performance. He was not gaining an unfair advantage which Rio could have been.

Also if they gave a larger ban than to Ferdinand, that would set the precedent for a lot of drug-using footballers to not go to their test, as they would be sure to recieve a more lenient punishment then if they went and were found guilty.
Fri 05/11/04 at 15:10
Regular
"PRO EVO MASTER"
WHAT A CQCK UP

they definatly made and example of rio
the b stards
Fri 05/11/04 at 14:40
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Colourless wrote:
> Not really, seeing as what's just happened. If those are the rules,
> then i'll have to live with it wont I?

I'm talking if that was the situation that had just happened, i.e Ruud replaces Mutu and Terry replaces Ferdinand in this equation
Fri 05/11/04 at 12:38
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Heard on Sky Sports a reason for the different punishments between Rio and Mutu. Rio was charged for missing the drugs test, which apparently means they have a different line to follow in dealing with him, compared to Mutu who was charged for taking recreational drugs, hence the difference in what has to be taken into account, and how they are dealt with.

To me, thats stupid, and no wonder no one knows where they stand with regards to taking drugs, or not taking drugs in any sport.
Thu 04/11/04 at 21:51
Regular
Colourless wrote:
> Ha. You are joking aren't you Damarus?

No. Ferdinand may aswell of turned around and admit to taking a banned substance (even though he didn't) if this is the case.

Chelsea wanted rid of Mutu anyway. It's obvious they were just looking for a way to end his contract.
Thu 04/11/04 at 21:22
"Darkness, always"
Indeed. The FA's increasingly stern stance on drugs is apparent in the rapidly increasing length of bans being dished out for offences.

Bosnich - 9 months

Ferdinand - 8 months

Mutu - 7 months

Erm... wait a second...
Thu 04/11/04 at 21:21
Regular
Mutu wasnt gonna play any football this season anyway(until january anyway), so this ban has just set his career back by half a season really.

Bit like when Roy Keane got suspended for the haaland thing while he was injured anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.