GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"So what the hell happens now?"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 30/12/04 at 19:44
Regular
Release list looks increasingly average, LIVE play is utter toss as it stands and there isn't a whole lot on offer as far as releases go for the following year. The Chronicles of Riddick sequel will hopefully be out before the end of the year but apart from that and Dead or Alive 4 I can't see anything remotely interesting that will keep me playing.

Is this just me or does the following year look like a giant stop gap between now and the Xenon?
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:44
Regular
Release list looks increasingly average, LIVE play is utter toss as it stands and there isn't a whole lot on offer as far as releases go for the following year. The Chronicles of Riddick sequel will hopefully be out before the end of the year but apart from that and Dead or Alive 4 I can't see anything remotely interesting that will keep me playing.

Is this just me or does the following year look like a giant stop gap between now and the Xenon?
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:45
Regular
Well, I wouldn't say it was disasterous.

There's the likes of Splinter Cell 3, Rainbow Six 4, Forza and Conker to look forward to.
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:47
Regular
Last two I couldn't care less about and Splinter Cell I will get in PC. Depending on how much Rainbow Six 4 differs from the previous will depend on whether I waste my time on it.
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:50
Regular
Crumble wrote:
> Well, I wouldn't say it was disasterous.
>
> There's the likes of Splinter Cell 3, Rainbow Six 4, Forza and Conker
> to look forward to.

Splinter Cell - They will just churn out another story line, and then another one and probably another one.
Rainbow Six 4 - Looks ok, shouldn't be too different from 3.
Forza and Conker I don't actually know much about.

I agree with Alastair, I have had my X-Box less then a week and can clearly see that the games coming out don't look that good. Apart from the ones that are multi-format, but multi-format games are generally better on PC than console.
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:50
Regular
I don't want to turn this into a Hedfix style "I will pick it up for 10p" thread, hell no.

Just wanting to know some secret hits like Riddick this year.
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:52
Regular
Gaming needs newer concepts, and those concepts will take another 5-10 years to come into place.
LIVE could have been excellent (it is great) but the 16 player limit kind of sucks.
Thu 30/12/04 at 19:53
Regular
LIVE is of no interest anymore, especially with PC gaming going so strong.

I'm not after new concepts either, the best game this year was a sequel and most of the others were tried and tested forumlas.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:00
Regular
Conker, Forza, Splinter Cell 3, DOA : Ultimate, Mercernaries, GTA:SA, Brother in Arms, Mechwarrior 2, Hitman : Bloodmoney, Destroy all Humans, Rainbow Six 4, Farcry Instincts, Darkwatch, Area 51, Unreal Championship 2, Pariah, Close Combat : First to fight, Timesplitters : FP, NBA Street V3, Freedom Fighters 2, Odd World Stranger, Jade Empire etc etc

This year's looking like last year multiplied by 1000 from where I'm standing.

Which is good as Xbox Live is about as intresting as re-runs of Blue Peter at the moment.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:01
Regular
You can guarantee that 75% of those titles will be a massive let down.
Thu 30/12/04 at 20:03
Regular
A few of them like Far Cry and Area 51 might be.

But I expect the rest to be excellent, well they'll at least meet the standards that I expect from them.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.