GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whatever happend to..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/11/04 at 12:59
Regular
Excitebike?

The developer left Ninty in 2002, and that was that. But why don't Ninty do another? I loved Excitebike 64 and, seeing as the series does belong to Nintendo, I would love seeing another Excitebike, as we don't have Moto GP.

Kid Icarus?

After his debut in 1986, Kid Icarus just suddenly disappeared. Apparently going to star in Dead Pheonix, but the production of that has been cancelled 'til further notice. Would love to see a revival.

Pilot Wings?

Ninty's brilliant flight simulator took off on the SNES and N64, but where has it gone now? I would love to see another Pilot Wings a) because the series is bloody brilliant and b) are there any flight games on 'Cube?

Mystical Ninja Goeman?

The last I heard of Goeman was on the N64, but why stop now when the series was rather sucessful?

Castlevania?

Ye, Aria of Sorrow is on the GBA, but what about a 'Cube version? Castlevania 64 was a very good game and I would love a bit of hack 'n' slash action from Belmont once more. Maybe Castlevania DS is the comeback.

Ness and the Ice Climbers

They were major hits on the NES and SNES, but what of them now? Only an appearance in Smash Bros. Melee has stoppedus forgetting them. There is an Earthbound remake apparently underway on the GBA, but whether it will reach UK shores is another matter. And the Ice Climbers? Forgotten. I would love to see Ness go 3D and an Ice Climbers remake on GBA.

Evermore?

The Mana games have continued on, as there is a GBA re-make and a Mana game confirmed for the DS, but what of the other half, Evermore? Come on Square, maybe you could link the two together like in Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons.

Where have these series/characters gone? I would love to see all of them revived.
Thu 04/11/04 at 18:03
Regular
"Bow to me!"
I'm just being anti DS for no particular reason. I dont like handhelds anymore as I've said before because I never use them outside and the games have a very short life in my oppinion. After Ive played them and completed them I never really go back to them unless it's something great like Kirby's Pinball, damn that was good. Also I didnt realise that they are £85, I though they were goin to be around £150. That price is pretty good really if its correct, and I will get one to play the couple of games I want. Finally, I dont care about the sketch majiggy.
Thu 04/11/04 at 14:15
Regular
And will the Gamecube come with WIRELESS SKETCHBOARD?

I didn't think so...
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:06
Regular
The DS costs, translated over here, £85.... which is just over the price of 2 GAmecube games.

And the DS games'll cost between £20 and £25.

As a newbie you sound smart but you dunno what you're saying.
Wed 03/11/04 at 23:35
Regular
"Bow to me!"
for the price you will pay for a DS you could buy about 7 GC games and then every DS game will cost the same as a GC game so i cant see it being super popular. i would rather just stick with a fixed console as ive said before. as ive said before i dont really like playing games when im not at home anyway. i will probably still get a DS anyway just to see what its like and add it to the archive
Wed 03/11/04 at 19:01
Regular
"Plain Misunderstood"
MJ wrote:
> Chrono Trigger (SNES) and Chrono Cross (PS1) need I say more.
>
> Although I think the platform of the second in the series kind of
> explains all :P

I would be VERY happy to even see a port of Chronotrigger on to something as I love that game. Never played Chrono Cross though
Wed 03/11/04 at 18:37
Regular
It died.

Sadly.

Come on Sega! ANSWER OUR PRAYERS!!
Wed 03/11/04 at 18:35
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Whatever happend to Skies of Arcadia 2?

Well I know what happend to it, so the question is rhetorical.
Wed 03/11/04 at 18:33
Regular
Chrono Trigger (SNES) and Chrono Cross (PS1) need I say more.

Although I think the platform of the second in the series kind of explains all :P
Wed 03/11/04 at 18:26
Regular
Ye, it would stop screen congestion in games like Crystal Chronicles and Mana on the DS.
Wed 03/11/04 at 18:23
Regular
Personally, if a game doesn't need two screens, I don't see why it can't be released on DS anyway.

For games that don't necessarily need it, the lower screen could simply be used as a bonus - such as being able to select an attack in an RPG without words popping up on the main game screen for example.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.