GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Whatever happend to..."

The "Nintendo Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 03/11/04 at 12:59
Regular
Excitebike?

The developer left Ninty in 2002, and that was that. But why don't Ninty do another? I loved Excitebike 64 and, seeing as the series does belong to Nintendo, I would love seeing another Excitebike, as we don't have Moto GP.

Kid Icarus?

After his debut in 1986, Kid Icarus just suddenly disappeared. Apparently going to star in Dead Pheonix, but the production of that has been cancelled 'til further notice. Would love to see a revival.

Pilot Wings?

Ninty's brilliant flight simulator took off on the SNES and N64, but where has it gone now? I would love to see another Pilot Wings a) because the series is bloody brilliant and b) are there any flight games on 'Cube?

Mystical Ninja Goeman?

The last I heard of Goeman was on the N64, but why stop now when the series was rather sucessful?

Castlevania?

Ye, Aria of Sorrow is on the GBA, but what about a 'Cube version? Castlevania 64 was a very good game and I would love a bit of hack 'n' slash action from Belmont once more. Maybe Castlevania DS is the comeback.

Ness and the Ice Climbers

They were major hits on the NES and SNES, but what of them now? Only an appearance in Smash Bros. Melee has stoppedus forgetting them. There is an Earthbound remake apparently underway on the GBA, but whether it will reach UK shores is another matter. And the Ice Climbers? Forgotten. I would love to see Ness go 3D and an Ice Climbers remake on GBA.

Evermore?

The Mana games have continued on, as there is a GBA re-make and a Mana game confirmed for the DS, but what of the other half, Evermore? Come on Square, maybe you could link the two together like in Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons.

Where have these series/characters gone? I would love to see all of them revived.
Wed 03/11/04 at 12:59
Regular
Excitebike?

The developer left Ninty in 2002, and that was that. But why don't Ninty do another? I loved Excitebike 64 and, seeing as the series does belong to Nintendo, I would love seeing another Excitebike, as we don't have Moto GP.

Kid Icarus?

After his debut in 1986, Kid Icarus just suddenly disappeared. Apparently going to star in Dead Pheonix, but the production of that has been cancelled 'til further notice. Would love to see a revival.

Pilot Wings?

Ninty's brilliant flight simulator took off on the SNES and N64, but where has it gone now? I would love to see another Pilot Wings a) because the series is bloody brilliant and b) are there any flight games on 'Cube?

Mystical Ninja Goeman?

The last I heard of Goeman was on the N64, but why stop now when the series was rather sucessful?

Castlevania?

Ye, Aria of Sorrow is on the GBA, but what about a 'Cube version? Castlevania 64 was a very good game and I would love a bit of hack 'n' slash action from Belmont once more. Maybe Castlevania DS is the comeback.

Ness and the Ice Climbers

They were major hits on the NES and SNES, but what of them now? Only an appearance in Smash Bros. Melee has stoppedus forgetting them. There is an Earthbound remake apparently underway on the GBA, but whether it will reach UK shores is another matter. And the Ice Climbers? Forgotten. I would love to see Ness go 3D and an Ice Climbers remake on GBA.

Evermore?

The Mana games have continued on, as there is a GBA re-make and a Mana game confirmed for the DS, but what of the other half, Evermore? Come on Square, maybe you could link the two together like in Zelda: Oracle of Ages and Seasons.

Where have these series/characters gone? I would love to see all of them revived.
Wed 03/11/04 at 13:24
Regular
"Bow to me!"
Illusion of Time?

Took off on the SNES in the early ninetys but never seen since. This RPG could become a rather successful 3D game in my oppinion as it had a massive area to cover with an intense storyline and realistic characters.

Battletoads?

Released on NES, SNES and GB and was a smash at the time. Was a evry good arcade style fighter. Why didnt this come out even as far as the N64?

Wetrix?

A massively addictive puzzler game where you had to store water on a map. Doesnt sound like much but it was great. It was out for the N64 and was pushed big time by Nintendo but I dont think it made the big time. Very good game if you give it a try tough.

Just thought I'd add a few. The list is endless really. Theres loads of successfull / good games that were never reinvented.

Putty Squad (SNES), Super Punch Out (SNES), Clay Fighter (SNES and poor attemp on N64), Kirdy's Dream Course (SNES), Kirby's Ghost Trap (SNES), Kirby's Pinball (GB), Fighters Destiny (N64)

Just remembering a few. Also all the games already mentioned. Some of the developer companieswill be dead now, but I know most of them arent. I see no reason why these didnt continue on more up-to-date formats. Come on Nintendo, make them now!
Wed 03/11/04 at 13:28
Regular
WETRIX!!!!!

That was bloody awesome!

There was only one though Marcini. I'm talkin about a game series. Games like Excitebike wee on the NES and N64, but then didn't carry on.
Wed 03/11/04 at 14:04
"The Will of D."
Hey have you played Secret of Evermore before? If so give me your opinions as i have a rom of it right here, but i've been busy playing tales of phantasia and Final Fantasy III to be playing any others till i'm finished with them.

But when i do i will want to play some of my other games like secret of mana (a bit annoying compared to Sword of mana as you have to wait for your sword skills to load before you can attack) and Phantasy Star. So what is evermore like?
Wed 03/11/04 at 14:59
Regular
Apple Crumble wrote:
> Excitebike?

The developer of the second Excitebike left yes. There maybe a second one although expect NSTC to do it. Right now Nintendo seemed more bothered about the DS.

>
> Pilot Wings?
>

Apparently Factor 5 are developing it for Revolution. That is just a very popular rumour though.

> Mystical Ninja Goeman?

Goeman is appearing on the Nintendo DS.

> Castlevania?

There are castlevania games on the PS2.

>
> Ness and the Ice Climbers

Ice Climbers re-appeared in the NES classics. NESS seems resigned to his Smash Brothers appearanced. We may see that cancelled Earthbound game some day.
Wed 03/11/04 at 15:14
Regular
Cheers Dringo.
Wed 03/11/04 at 16:00
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Dringo wrote:
> Apple Crumble wrote:
> Excitebike?
>
> The developer of the second Excitebike left yes. There maybe a second
> one although expect NSTC to do it. Right now Nintendo seemed more
> bothered about the DS.

OMG XITEBIEK DS!!!11

NOW WIV NU MAP ON DA OVA SCRN!!!!11
Wed 03/11/04 at 16:55
Regular
I didn't say the DS would get Excitebike. I merley meant that Nintendo are working on the DS so don't expect Excitebike 3 just yet.
Wed 03/11/04 at 17:08
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
...and I never said that you said that the DS would get an Excitebike game. At all.

I was merely making an ironic comment about how too many games are being put on DS for the sake of it, when they aren't suitable, and just being thrown together with a map.
Wed 03/11/04 at 17:52
Regular
Well, just because the DS has two screens, does the mean that it should never allow a game that's just been designed for one? :-)

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.