GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Durr durr durr duerr di durr durr di durr..."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 09/05/01 at 22:15
Regular
Hee hee.

"It’s unbelievable," a source told us today after seeing screens from Rogue Squadron 2 on Gamecube. "It gave me goosebumps. There are going to be three playable levels at E3. Honestly, it makes Star Fighter [Activision’s PlayStation 2 title] look like a joke. You look at it and say immediately, ‘That is Star Wars’." Talk is surfacing of advanced AI, the ability to control wing-men from your X-Wing, sections where the player takes on the role of monstrously famous anti-hero Darth Vader, a plot focused on two Death Stars and graphical detail as yet unseen in a Star Wars game. The Force, to paraphrase Mr Guinness, is certainly with Nintendo.

I would talk about this, but I'm off to claim my gameaday prize.

Plot over two Death Stars? The WHOLE of the trilogy?!

:D
Wed 09/05/01 at 22:15
Regular
Hee hee.

"It’s unbelievable," a source told us today after seeing screens from Rogue Squadron 2 on Gamecube. "It gave me goosebumps. There are going to be three playable levels at E3. Honestly, it makes Star Fighter [Activision’s PlayStation 2 title] look like a joke. You look at it and say immediately, ‘That is Star Wars’." Talk is surfacing of advanced AI, the ability to control wing-men from your X-Wing, sections where the player takes on the role of monstrously famous anti-hero Darth Vader, a plot focused on two Death Stars and graphical detail as yet unseen in a Star Wars game. The Force, to paraphrase Mr Guinness, is certainly with Nintendo.

I would talk about this, but I'm off to claim my gameaday prize.

Plot over two Death Stars? The WHOLE of the trilogy?!

:D
Wed 09/05/01 at 22:20
Regular
What they really need is the possibility of scenarios being played out online.
1 team uses X wings, the others tie fighters.
4 player split screen too.
I'll be claiming Smash Brothers 2 for my Gameaday win (That is if it really does exist).

The original was one of the greatest multiplayer games ever.
Wed 09/05/01 at 22:21
Regular
Yes, it does exist Dan, definitely.
Wed 09/05/01 at 22:21
Regular
"Excommunicated"
Love the title :D
Wed 09/05/01 at 22:22
Regular
I wasn't sure about the duerr... but I'm pleased with it now. :0)
Wed 09/05/01 at 22:24
Regular
"Whatever!"
I have a feeling that this will be the best Star Wars game ever, even at this early stage - Anything based on the original trilogy is going to be a classic and I remember the demo of this game last year leaving me gob smacked!!
I shall wait with great interest for this title!!
Wed 09/05/01 at 22:25
Regular
"Excommunicated"
mattyboy wrote:
> I have a feeling that this will be the best Star Wars game ever,
> even at this early stage - Anything based on the original trilogy is
> going to be a classic and I remember the demo of this game last year
> leaving me gob smacked!!
I shall wait with great interest for this
> title!!

it does look pretty damn good!
Wed 09/05/01 at 22:25
Regular
It'll be the best one for another 5 years or so...

Then I'll make one :-)
Wed 09/05/01 at 22:28
Regular
The term is WE'LL... Dan... ;0)
Wed 09/05/01 at 22:29
Whatever happened to the good old fashioned Dum? Or Bum, which had the odd problem with people's immaturity...

Rogue Squadron 2 eh? Well I didn't like Rogue Squadron 1 but then X-Wing, Tie Fighter and X-Wing Versus Tie Fighter were great so I guess I'll at least look into it...

When is the Gamecube out now anyway?

Ahh, of course since Freespace2 totally defeated all opposition in the Space Combat Sim arena it is yet to be removed as reigning champion, maybe a Star Wars game is the one to do it (although the name has recently been Besmirched by evil games being rubbish and using it, mostly ones based on episode one... "Yousa havin da booma").

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.