GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Spooky."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 02/11/04 at 13:00
Regular
"..."
There are certain things which happen in football which you can put down to bad luck, other to coincidencem but for me, this one is just plain spooky.

A few weeks ago, coinciding with the death of their greatest ever manager, my beloved Nottingham Forest also passed away. They had been in pain for sometime, but now are finally out of the misery.

The announcements which served the death knell for this great club were threefold. Firstly the announcement by Chairman Nigel Doughty that regardless of whether the club succeeds in another bid to escape relegation to the third tier of British Football, he would not be bank-rolling the club any further next season, after watching them fail to make any significant dent in the £5million debt which has hung over the club since it's relegation from the Premiership. Hands up who can see a club which is struggling to break even in the Championship go anywhere but bankrupt if it slip another notch? Thought not.

The second announcement was that of Euegen Bopp falling out of favour with manager Joe Kinnear. Bopp, bought in by Paul Hart as a youngsetr, despite playing mostly as a substitute this season, was for me, the answer to our Right-sided midfield problem. Regardless of what role he was to play for the team, he is the fifth player Kinnear has had a falling out with since the former Wimbledon gaffer breezed into the City Ground, following in the footsteps of Reid, King, James and Westcarr.

The third announcement, has yet to be made, but is coming. The axing of Joe Kinnear as manager. Chairman Nigel Doughty has made his feeling clearly, by reportedly coming into the dressing room after the Watford game and hihlighting the glaringly obvious faults in Forest's tactics. A sure fire sign that he has lost faith in his boss, leaving Forest looking for a third manager in just two seasons.

I'm sure you'll all share a moment's silence with me, for the passing of my once great club.
Sat 06/11/04 at 13:29
Regular
"RIP: Brian Clough"
He did have a tendency to underperform and he was by no means the complete winger, but those two free kicks against Tottenham were enough to win me over.
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:30
Regular
"..."
I was never a fan of Ian Woan. He never had the pace to be a great winger. Sweet left foot though. I'd sayDes Walker and Super Stevie Stone were much better players than Woany.
Wed 03/11/04 at 18:40
Regular
However, Ian Woan and Stuart Pearce have been our best players in the past decade.
Wed 03/11/04 at 13:23
Regular
"..."
Lucy Jane wrote:
> Cong_Man wrote:
> Jason Lee = Legend.
>
> Were we wathing the same guy.. he was usless :|:P

"He's got a pineapple on his head..."

The pineapple was the source of his powers and skills. Hence, when he cut the pineapple off, his career went downhill faster than...well Stan Collymore's. If he had grown his pineapple back, then Posh fans would have seen the true JL.
Wed 03/11/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Cong_Man wrote:
> Jason Lee = Legend.

Were we wathing the same guy.. he was usless :|:P
Wed 03/11/04 at 13:21
Regular
"..."
Jason Lee = Legend.
Wed 03/11/04 at 13:20
Regular
"Vodka Queen"
Cyclone wrote:

> Shame. I even went to see them lose to Arsenal at the City Ground.
> The tme of Jason Lee, it were.

*shudders Jason Lee* He was dreadful when he played for us a couple of seasons ago (peterborough) Thankfully we saw right in getting rid of him!
Wed 03/11/04 at 13:15
Regular
"..."
Nobody cares :'(
Tue 02/11/04 at 16:52
Regular
"One More Chance"
Cyclone wrote:
> I used to support Forest as a younger lad. Arg.
>
> Shame. I even went to see them lose to Arsenal at the City Ground.
> The tme of Jason Lee, it were.

Was that the game when Wright scored first, then he got sent off and Alfie Halland scored two?

If so, I was there aswell, crap game as I was supporting Arsenal.
Tue 02/11/04 at 16:00
Regular
Boo-hoo. :( He's right, we're passing away. But hey, we could always do a Manchester City...

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.