GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2005 for gamecube!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/12/04 at 15:46
Regular
"kill my enemys"
2004.not the best of years for gamecube owners or gamecube developers as burnout 3 didnt come in a small disk.then the almighty metroid prime 2 echoes came out.it was gonna be good.but yet nintendo had to release it at the same time as halo 2 and gta san andreas.2005.yes.this is it.this is the year nintendo are back on form.with likes of the legend of zelda series coming out and the new resident evil coming out.i can feel it.this is the year.nintendo are back!
Tue 04/01/05 at 16:37
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> And besides it doesn't matter, we don't need full third party
> support, a nice selection (which, believe it or not, we do get) but
> we don't need full support. We have Nintendo, the reason to own a
> Nintendo system. There might be an increase for Revolution if
> Nintendo can begin to build on their fan base.

Yes I totally agree with you (believe it or not).
I have argued exactly the same over the years. I love Nintendo games. Their brilliance at producing games is second to none and during the N64 era some RAREWARE games were almost as good if not better (Goldeneye, Perfect Dark to name just 2).
Tue 04/01/05 at 16:36
Regular
Top score wrote:
> By the time we get to Christmas 05 noone will sell the cube.

Oh yeah I forgot you know exactly what retailers are planning on doing.

And Gamecube sales will increase throughout the year.
Tue 04/01/05 at 16:34
Regular
By the time we get to Christmas 05 noone will sell the cube.
Tue 04/01/05 at 16:32
Regular
N64 Fan wrote:

>
> OK, so maybe Resi 4 and the new Zelda will increase sales slightly,
> they will NOT be the shining light that you 'assume' they will be
> (mark my words). Zelda always brings extra sales to any Nintendo
> console, that goes without saying and maybe Resi 4 will do too but it
> will not be enough to make software companies think 'oh yes look,
> they've sold another 20 Gamecubes lets go and spend £3 million
> pounds on a new game and start supporting the cube again'!

Name a company that doesn't support the Gamecube???

Codemasters don't release much true... and neither do Eidios.

But what it COULD do is that it could make developers relise there are adult gamers and port existing games onto the format. A bit like what Eidios did with Hitman 2.

Codemasters were almost persuaded with the good sales of Second Sight.

And besides it doesn't matter, we don't need full third party support, a nice selection (which, believe it or not, we do get) but we don't need full support. We have Nintendo, the reason to own a Nintendo system. There might be an increase for Revolution if Nintendo can begin to build on their fan base.
Tue 04/01/05 at 16:29
Regular
gerrid wrote:
> There are some good games coming out for the GC this year, yes,
> probably the best 2 games will see release this year, but the cube
> will not outsell the PS2. That's really all there is to it, so it
> won't be "the year of the cube".

But it'll outsell the X-box...

Also the PS2 and the X-box have next to no major releases next year whilst Nintendo have at least 2!

Look at Christmas 2005. Microsoft have no Halo, Sony have no GTA (at least so far) but Nintendo have their Zelda.

Remember 2003??? Sony and Microsoft didn't have a major release and Nintendo had a fantastic Christmas. Sony suffered (still sold the most but they suffered) and Nintendo passed them.
Tue 04/01/05 at 15:41
Regular
"and PC user"
I think the fact that the shops have already reduced their coverage of GameCube and its games will hamper any progress that could be made from new Cube games this year. By how much, I dont know.
Tue 04/01/05 at 09:24
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
Dringo wrote:
> N64 fan is very pessemistic if he honestly thinks the release of
> Resident Evil 4 and ZElda won't push sales of the cheap little
> console through the roof. Especially in Japan.

I never said they wouldn't!
But you've just answered my whole point!
Thats how (the very few) people see the Gamecube - 'the cheap little console that my 6 year old wants to play', bless him!

OK, so maybe Resi 4 and the new Zelda will increase sales slightly, they will NOT be the shining light that you 'assume' they will be (mark my words). Zelda always brings extra sales to any Nintendo console, that goes without saying and maybe Resi 4 will do too but it will not be enough to make software companies think 'oh yes look, they've sold another 20 Gamecubes lets go and spend £3 million pounds on a new game and start supporting the cube again'!
Tue 04/01/05 at 02:11
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Dringo wrote:
> 2003 was the year of the Gamecube! Great sales, Mario Kart, Zelda and
> Metroid Prime! It was a stella year. 2004 was never, not once, the
> year of the Gamecube whilst 2005 will be.

2005 will be? That's quite a remark. Yes, the Cube has Resi 4 and Zelda. But if it's not still in third place in Europe this time next year I'll be very suprised.

And stellar has an R in it you lager drinker.
Tue 04/01/05 at 01:00
Regular
"bit of a brain"
There are some good games coming out for the GC this year, yes, probably the best 2 games will see release this year, but the cube will not outsell the PS2. That's really all there is to it, so it won't be "the year of the cube".
Tue 04/01/05 at 00:35
Regular
2003 was the year of the Gamecube! Great sales, Mario Kart, Zelda and Metroid Prime! It was a stella year. 2004 was never, not once, the year of the Gamecube whilst 2005 will be.

N64 fan is very pessemistic if he honestly thinks the release of Resident Evil 4 and ZElda won't push sales of the cheap little console through the roof. Especially in Japan.

RE4 has essentially a years exclusivity on the Gamecube!

You also get new franchises that could cause a sales drive plus there's a new Pokemon game.

If the Nintendo DS does well the Nintendo brand name becomes popular again, unlike Gameboy. Which is popular but not for the Nintendo bit that comes before it.

2005 will see decent sales of the Gamecube. A price cut and a good selection of popular titles will keep the system moving well this year.

The GBA SP will also see a price cut and a boost in sales despite superior competiton.

And the DS, that's just beginning.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.