GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"2005 for gamecube!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/12/04 at 15:46
Regular
"kill my enemys"
2004.not the best of years for gamecube owners or gamecube developers as burnout 3 didnt come in a small disk.then the almighty metroid prime 2 echoes came out.it was gonna be good.but yet nintendo had to release it at the same time as halo 2 and gta san andreas.2005.yes.this is it.this is the year nintendo are back on form.with likes of the legend of zelda series coming out and the new resident evil coming out.i can feel it.this is the year.nintendo are back!
Thu 06/01/05 at 17:31
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
Tphi wrote:
> X2 sure has one persuasive argument there Dringo.

You sure check ot the microsoft xbox forum and you will get a ngc for less than 39 POUNDS.
Thu 06/01/05 at 16:22
"period drama"
Strafio wrote:
> Also they'd need to reduce controller prices.
> Sell the multiplayer!

Inded. I was going to buy a Wavebird t'other day, but for £30 there wasn't a chance.
Thu 06/01/05 at 16:20
Regular
"thursdayton!"
X2 sure has one persuasive argument there Dringo.
Thu 06/01/05 at 16:15
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
You're wrong man
Thu 06/01/05 at 01:50
Regular
Macintosh wrote:
> If the trend of not stocking Cube and its games continue, it could
> have a bad effect on future Nintendo hardware - the Revolution being
> one example. Many stores may simply carry on the existing trend,
> which means they wont stock the Revolution.

Not so, many stores stopped stocking the N64 but the ALL stocked the Gamecube when it came around.
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:41
Regular
I think that if Nintendo can have the Gamecube down to £50 with a Players Choice classic by Christmas 2005, with new games at an RRP of £30 and Players Choice games at an RRP of £15 (so some places sell for a little more and others sell for a little less) then it will finally start taking off.

You see, by then Nintendo will be able to offer a system WITH a game, almost as cheap as a new PS2 or Xbox game. And because the games are different to anything on the Xbox and PS2, they might be VERY attractive to someone awaiting the next generation.

Now for me, the Dreamcast at £100 with NO free games looked attractive between kissing the N64 goodbye and embracing the Gamecube.
Had it been £50 with a game, even one of the olders games like Sonic Adventure or Power Stone, I would DEFINATELY have snapped it up.

Also they'd need to reduce controller prices.
Sell the multiplayer!
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:21
"The Will of D."
Here's my drool list of 2005, everything I want, not just from Nintendo.

A brand new Nintendo DS
Baten Kaitos
Legend of Zelda DS
Legend of Zelda 2 GC
Phantasy Star 4 GC
Star Fox 2 GC
Elder Scrolls IV (<-- this means 4 for those who are idiots): Oblivion (PC)
Super Mario 64 DS
Mario Kart DS
Mario Power Tennis
Timesplitters 3: Future Perfect GC
Final Fantasy 3 DS
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles DS
Others... TBC
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:14
Regular
"yo mah m8"
hell yeah 2005 is the best year for game cube/nintendo/ds... zelda four swords
the legend of zelda 2005
resident evil 4
veutiful joe 2
nintendo ds
mario 64 ds
animal crossing ds
feel the magic
infact all the games comeing out this year are worth waiting for but i cant wait for the uk release of the ds
Wed 05/01/05 at 19:25
Regular
"Random by default"
Tphi wrote:
> It's a new console so it'll have no effect. Stores will want to stock
> as it as they can't afford to lose out if it is The Next Big Thing.

Too true.

Theres always gonna be people wanting any console at the start no matter what its previous state was in. Common sense, its profit lost what anyway you look at it.
Wed 05/01/05 at 11:33
Regular
"thursdayton!"
It's a new console so it'll have no effect. Stores will want to stock as it as they can't afford to lose out if it is The Next Big Thing.

Next?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.