GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Camera to control Revolution - I told you"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/12/04 at 15:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
from igncube.com

"Earlier this week, the respected Japanese business magazine Shuukan Diamond reported in its 2005 Preview Edition that the Nintendo Revolution Controller will not feature a directional pad or A and B buttons."

No directional pad - no buttons - NINTOY CAMERA, I'm telling you. Idiots.
Sat 01/01/05 at 14:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
gamesfreak wrote:
> Oh and Nintendo, please don't make a controller with the
> buttons A, B, C and D arranged in the fasion of a PS2/Xbox
> controller.

The article says no A or B buttons :P

Please no "Square Triangle Circle" button crap.
Sat 01/01/05 at 14:43
"Majestic"
I don't know, maybe its just a way to stir up more hype - it must have made an impact on most of you here, so obviously its working.

No D-Pad? Who uses a D-Pad? They haven't said no analogue stick now, have they?

No A & B buttons? Maybe Nintendo are sick of naming their buttons after letters. Instead of A they'll be a picture of Mario - the Mario button.

With all this aside, the Cube controller has to go down as the best controller out of the 3 consoles. So comfy to hold, i love it.
Sat 01/01/05 at 15:22
Regular
[URL]http://djh-world.com/images/control.jpg[/URL]

Visual reperesentation of the new controller, comes with complete attachable eye-toy!
Sat 01/01/05 at 15:25
Regular
"thursdayton!"
I think it's a given that wireless controllers will be standard next generation. Rumble needed. Other than that no changes are needed. Having the B, X and Y buttons positioned around the A like the Cube have them is a great idea.
There should be the option to use Cube controllers after I shelled out for so many way back when it first came out.
Sat 01/01/05 at 16:49
Regular
"0228"
I still love the N64 controller. Best ever.
Sat 01/01/05 at 16:54
"period drama"
Wireless from the start, for sure.
Sat 01/01/05 at 17:21
Regular
Only if it could somehow be charged when not in use, like a controller holder which you plug into the controller port and it charged the controller.

I'd hate to have to charge/buy new batteries when they run out.
Sat 01/01/05 at 17:23
Regular
gamesfreak wrote:
> [URL]http://djh-world.com/images/control.jpg[/URL]
>
> Visual reperesentation of the new controller, comes with complete
> attachable eye-toy!

The eye-toy will be built into the space where the D-pad was, hence the big black gap bit.
Sat 01/01/05 at 17:25
Regular
"'ahh a nice sweety!"
JFH wrote:
> I still love the N64 controller. Best ever.

Here here.
I love the Cube controller but whenever I play the N64 it feels like my hands have come home!
Sat 01/01/05 at 18:21
Regular
Perhaps it'll be a touch screen thing. Games aren't displayed but because it is touch screen there will be special segments that act as buttons.

Imagine a round touch screen or something, perhaps a menu screen in the middle. Round the side are tonnes of buttons A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I and not ACTUAL buttons but segments of that round touch screen. Essentially they are buttons but they're also not. They don't have to be there, the number of touchable parts depend on the game.

The reason for this??? There will never be a complaint from developers again about buttons. If the game needs 20 buttons then they input 20 button presses on the touch screen. If it needs just 2 then just the 2 are used. This gives developers complete freedom!

Imagine the possibility, the controller can be custom made for each game!!!

D-Pad has been used to select things lately but with this touch screen system there will be not need for it!

I imagine Nintendo would have liked to just use touch screen but in the wake of the stylus not being as easy to use as hoped, 2 analogue sticks and a pause button will probably be used.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.