GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Camera to control Revolution - I told you"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 31/12/04 at 15:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
from igncube.com

"Earlier this week, the respected Japanese business magazine Shuukan Diamond reported in its 2005 Preview Edition that the Nintendo Revolution Controller will not feature a directional pad or A and B buttons."

No directional pad - no buttons - NINTOY CAMERA, I'm telling you. Idiots.
Fri 31/12/04 at 15:47
Regular
"bit of a brain"
from igncube.com

"Earlier this week, the respected Japanese business magazine Shuukan Diamond reported in its 2005 Preview Edition that the Nintendo Revolution Controller will not feature a directional pad or A and B buttons."

No directional pad - no buttons - NINTOY CAMERA, I'm telling you. Idiots.
Fri 31/12/04 at 15:51
Regular
That's not fair on people with arthritis.

I bet it's a touchpad.

And you sue a stylus/thumbstrap.
Fri 31/12/04 at 17:36
Regular
"thursdayton!"
By directional pad they could just mean D-Pad, which is mostly useless anyway.

And maybe they're renaming the A+B buttons. I can't see a console with no actual buttons to press. Even the DS has them and that's supposed to be a console you use touch-control for.
Fri 31/12/04 at 18:04
Regular
Yeah, I haven't used the D-pad on the GC...ever.

Sure, some games use it to select items,weapons etc. But they'll be other ways of doing that.
Fri 31/12/04 at 18:07
Regular
"0228"
Using just cameras and touch sensitive screens would be not good, not good at all. We need buttons for our games. There is such a thing as being too innovative but like Tphi said, I don't think they will get rid of the basic controls.
Fri 31/12/04 at 19:26
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Exactly. Being too innovative and wacky will just drive away 3rd Party support who don't want to spend ages customizing games for the Revolution when they'll already sell very well on PS3 and Xenon. With the DS being the main force in the handheld market, developers are really being made to work with the hardware if they want their games played :) Nintendo unfortunately don't have that grace in the home console market anymore.
Fri 31/12/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
It's MIND CONTROL!

Like the dodgy contraption Uri Geller used on Gamesmaster once!

lol

:)
Fri 31/12/04 at 19:56
"period drama"
Ninty, you fools.
The controller need no work, it is (shockingly) the most perfect way to control stuff.

Just make the World's Greatest Controller©®™ and everyone'll be happy. And, like them people just down below me said, there might actually be some third-party support for the console.
Sat 01/01/05 at 01:15
Regular
"0228"
FinalFantasyFanatic wrote:
> Just make the World's Greatest Controller©®™ and everyone'll
> be happy.

Well, if that's all they have to do then there should be no problems.
Sat 01/01/05 at 12:25
Regular
Just let us use our GC controllers.

Oh and Nintendo, please don't make a controller with the buttons A, B, C and D arranged in the fasion of a PS2/Xbox controller.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.