GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"The 'Movie' Forum's Favourite Movie....."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 01/11/04 at 13:29
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
The Top Ten Most Popular Movies on the Movies Forum are-

The Terminator
The Usual Suspects
Pulp Fiction
Saving Private Ryan
The Shawshank Redemption
Scarface
Schindler's List
Resevoir Dogs
Alien
The Matrix

Now you have to give each a mark out of ten and I will work out an average and tell you what the most popular movie is. You can only give your verdicts once and you have until November 30th to vote. P.S - No complaining avout the Top Ten, this was selected by YOU.
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:30
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Thanks. Well, to a twelve year-old, I find that very sick.
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Alan Skelton wrote:
> Resevoir Dogs is too gory

There is anmost No "gore" in RD's. You see nothing happening in the infamous ear cutting scene and the rest is sqiubs and fake blood. It's uncomfortable watching Roth bleed to death on the floor, but anything but gory.

in no particular order: -

Gattaca
Amelie
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind
Metropolis (Lang(sp?) original.
Solaris
Vanilla Sky
The Terminator
Hero
Tetsuo - The Iron man
Dune (purely for the magnificent design work and spectacle)
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:28
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Top Ten.
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:23
Regular
The Usual Supspects.
Thu 04/11/04 at 13:21
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
I saw the Exorcist yesterday, and it wasn't THAT good. Resevoir Dogs is too gory and I don't think it should be in there either. Shawshank is great, so it's now a fight between it and Blair Witch.
Wed 03/11/04 at 19:02
Regular
Definitely! The Shawshank Redemption and Reservoir Dogs are far superior films! Tell me, have you actually seen The Exorcist recently?

I don't want to sound like I'm having a go at you - you're entitled to your opinion. But it just seemed so out of place next to the rest of your list.
Wed 03/11/04 at 13:42
Regular
"Redness Returneth"
Mav wrote:
> It's a fairly solid top ten (although I haven't seen a few of them),
> but The Exorcist... blimey. What was enjoyable about that film?

It was a joust to the death between Exorcist and Shawshank and Reservoir Dogs and Exorcist just won because it scared me to death when I was 7. Yeah, I'd trade it for Shawshank probably.
Wed 03/11/04 at 00:16
Regular
"She's a dog!"
Back to the Future
Goodfellas
Reservoir Dogs
Fight Club
Pulp Fiction
True Romance
Clue
Ghostbusters
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Shawshank Redemption
The Usual Suspects
Cruel Intentions

(I know it's 12 but I can't get rid of 2)
Wed 03/11/04 at 00:08
Regular
"Bow to me!"
the only good thing about the exorcist is that it was revolutionary at the time of release. now its just terrible. also i gotta agree that all the yongsters i know (not too many cos they all died recently) love the exorcist just cos it was popular and mainly cos its an 18 horror.
and as for the shining - great film. no doubt it should be in the top ten. sure the picture is dated but it adds character to the whole thing
Tue 02/11/04 at 23:01
"period drama"
The Princess Bride
Leon
Fight Club

meh

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.