GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Web Site help"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/10/04 at 10:06
Regular
Hi guys,

I know that some of you guys are good at creating web sites so i need some help from you, I do not know much about it at all, What i want to do is creat a website for selling some stuff, I would like the customer to be able to pick certain items and put them into a basket and then at the end use a credit or debit card to pay fro chosen items, I wouldnt even know were to start on this, do i need a special proggy, how would i be able to make a secure section for payments to be recieved? how would i be able to set up a payment part of the site so the money goes into my account?

Cheers
Colin
Thu 28/10/04 at 10:52
Regular
Im going to be selling fitness supplements at first.
Thu 28/10/04 at 10:36
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
I'm setting up an E-commerce system for someone at the moment, which allows him to add products and product categories to a database, and customers can them browse them and add to a trolley, which later sends to PayPal. I've been working on it for a few months (not non-stop), as it's the first time I'd done it, and I can tell you that it's a huge job. The results will be worth it, as he offers some unique items that are in demand. What are you hoping to sell?
Thu 28/10/04 at 10:20
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Phooo, nothing like starting small!

Immediate thoughts are that you should be looking for an "out of the box" package. However, I can't give any pointers on this as I've never set up an e-commerce site myself. Someone else may be able to point you in the right direction.
Thu 28/10/04 at 10:06
Regular
Hi guys,

I know that some of you guys are good at creating web sites so i need some help from you, I do not know much about it at all, What i want to do is creat a website for selling some stuff, I would like the customer to be able to pick certain items and put them into a basket and then at the end use a credit or debit card to pay fro chosen items, I wouldnt even know were to start on this, do i need a special proggy, how would i be able to make a secure section for payments to be recieved? how would i be able to set up a payment part of the site so the money goes into my account?

Cheers
Colin

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.