GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Atapi cd rw question."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 28/10/04 at 08:58
"Genius!"
Hi,
I've got a atapi 52X max cd rw but now it wont seem to be able to copy anything. Is this because i need to update it or something else?

Thanx!
Thu 04/11/04 at 23:55
Regular
"with a blunt knife"
You can find out what kind of drive usually from startup. Depending on the speed of your computer and if it has one of those annoying branded splash screens at the beginning you may be able to see the type when it's detected at the beginning. Try pressing Pause/Break if it's too fast.

And the fact that it's gone to Generic drivers for the drive may be causing the problems. Or perhaps not but it should be eliminated.
Sun 31/10/04 at 21:28
"Genius!"
Oh, alright then i'm not sure. I'll try to find out again.
Sun 31/10/04 at 13:29
Regular
"Freeola Support"
For instants mine has on the bottom Emprex DV5012, i think ATAPI is the default driver for a regular CD Rom drive.
Sun 31/10/04 at 11:53
"Genius!"
Sorry just getting this post back up, urgently need to sort this problem out.
Fri 29/10/04 at 08:48
"Genius!"
Can you give me an example of a model which mine would probably be like. Then I might be able to recognise it a bit easier.
Thu 28/10/04 at 23:02
"Genius!"
Yes it does read cd's. I'll try to find out the model.
Thu 28/10/04 at 21:52
Regular
"Freeola Support"
ATAPI is the generic name for the basic driver, can you look at the drive (inside the case) to see if it has the manufacturers name and model?

Also will the drive read cd's?
Thu 28/10/04 at 20:01
"Genius!"
Nope.
Thu 28/10/04 at 16:21
Regular
"Freeola Support"
So you currently can not copy or write CD's?
Thu 28/10/04 at 11:02
"Genius!"
OK, thanx.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.