GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"BEST GAME EVER MADE POLL"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

This thread has been linked to the game 'Counter-Strike: Source'.
Sun 02/01/05 at 15:11
Regular
"Underbean"
What do you think the best game ever made is, it is defently not the donky kong and mario one, that is crap, i think it is between animal crossing, ocarina of time and the sims 2.
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:16
Regular
"thursdayton!"
Why wasn't Chatterbox banned six months ago?

Stop making like four threads a day.
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:18
Regular
"Underbean"
I was banned, but when i am a regular i wont have to do 4 threads a day, i am still 50 threads short
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:21
Regular
"0228"
Here's my top 10 but it only includes Nintendo games because, a) this is the Nintendo forum, and b) I haven't played enough games on other consoles.

10.Banjo-Kazooie
I doubt anybody else would include this but I think it's brilliant. A stroke of genius by Rare with easy controls, a wide range of clever and unique moves, humour, huge levels to explore, and it lasted a long time without becoming boring once.

9.Tetris
I admit that I haven't played this for a long time but it's a classic and it deserves to be on the list. Such simple gameplay yet it is so frustrating and addictive all at the same time.

8.DK Country
More great platforming from Rare with the same comedy style featured in all their games. The mine cart level alone is brilliant and the co-op play makes this a true classic. Riding on the various animals including the rhino, the ostrich and the toad are great moments and it's a tough game to complete.

7.Pokémon Blue + Red
I think that Pokémon blue remains my number one most played game ever and in its day it was the most played and talked about game with people of varying ages. It was amazing to play this game for the first time and beating the elite four for the first time is a great feeling as is completing the pokedex.

6.Majora's Mask
The first of three Zelda games to make the list. I know that some people consider this to be the best of the Zelda games but I feel that it is beaten by others in the series. However, this is still a brilliant game and it's one of the most challenging I've played. There are plenty of masks to collect and it takes just as long to work out what to do with them as it does to get them. There are less temples than in other Zelda games but the challenges within them make up for it and some of the boss battles are truly amazing.

5.Super Mario Bros. 3
A brillaint platforming adventure that is great to play. By the time this was released Mario was already a house hold name and this game made him bigger by being better than the classic Super Mario Bros.

4.Link to the Past
The only 2D Zelda game to make the list. This isn't a huge game but it is fun to play and it has been brilliantly designed. The dungeons are wonderfully designed and great to play through. The items are original and are used in clever ways meaning that the game has just as many puzzles as it does action.

3.Mario 64
The king of 3D platformers. Released along with the N64 this was an instant classic with genius levels including "tick tock clock" among others, this was a massive game with 120 stars to collect. Recently, Mario Sunshine failed to live up to Mario 64 mainly because it was lazy and tried to get away with making the player collect blue coins. Mario 64 had the full 120 stars out to find and it was almost impossible to get the full set without being a gaming god. A pleasure to play.

2.Ocarina of Time
I got this in a bargain bin at Toys R Us for for Ł9.99. It is disgraceful that it should be sold so cheaply when games like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles are being sold for over three times that. This game is brilliant, there is no other way to describe it. It is huge and will take weeks to finish as you travel through massive dungeons, battling bigger bosses and collecting several items on numerous side quests as you go. There is so much to do in this game and all of it is superb.

1.Super Mario World
There is no better game than this in my opinion. It isn't the biggest game ever made, it shouldn't take any more than 20 hours all together but every second of that time unbelievably fantastic. The first levels are stupidly easy but even those are a lot of fun to play through and the later levels, especially some of the levels in the secret star area are very tough. The levels vary between simple, yet beautiful, platform levels, underwater levels, castles, ghost houses, and other random pieces that were thrown in for good measure. Yoshi is here also with many colours and special abilities to help you progress but unlocking them isn't easy. Some levels have multiple exits meaning that you have to got hrough a level more than once to get access to more levels, all of which are brilliant. A must buy for everyone.
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:24
Regular
"Underbean"
I think super smash bros melee is my most played game ever, or the sims.
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:37
Regular
"Random by default"
Zelda: OoT - It's just a brilliant game, although some parts i remember to be annoying. But apart from that it had some great touchs and great graphics for its time! love it.

Mario world and Mario 64 were also games that i loved, Mario world just beating the 64.

Goldeneye and Perfect Dark were prob my must played (i loved shooters and multiplayer was always being played.) I cant decide which is better...but i still think they dont quite have what it takes to beat OoT
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:42
Regular
Chatterbox, there's more to life than losing 'newbie' status on web forums.

As for the best game ever made...well that would class as best game ever. And in my opinion, the best game ever made is a toss up between Super Mario 64 and Goldeneye 007 on the Nintendo 64.

Not necessarily my favourites, but that's not we're debating exactly is it.
Sun 02/01/05 at 16:43
Regular
"The definitive tag"
I think that Goldeneye for N64 was probably the best game ever made. GTA and Zelda come close but I can't remember enjoying either of them as much as I used to enjoy Goldeneye. It had the best multiplayer ever and even today's efforts like Timesplitters have yet to better it for multiplayer thrills. The level design was ingenious and there was a huge amount of variation from one level to the next.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:05
Regular
"0228"
Lou Role wrote:
> This is gonna be a popular answer, but San Andreas really is one of my
> favourite games of all time.

San Andreas, always going to be more popular than Mario and Zelda in the Nintendo forum.
Mon 03/01/05 at 15:08
Regular
chatterbox, you are a prat.
Mon 03/01/05 at 17:48
Regular
Skies of Arcadia

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

My website looks tremendous!
Fantastic site, easy to follow, simple guides... impressed with whole package. My website looks tremendous. You don't need to be a rocket scientist to set this up, Freeola helps you step-by-step.
Susan
Second to none...
So far the services you provide are second to none. Keep up the good work.
Andy

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.