GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Good and Bad on the PS2"

The "Sony Games" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 08/05/01 at 23:19
Regular
What are your good and bad points about the Playstation 2

Good

>Plays and enhances playstation 1 games
>Plays cd's with digital out to mini disc and dolby 5:1
>Plays DVD's with high quality and supports nearly every feature.
>Can store playstation saves on the PS2 8 meg memory card
>Dual shock 2 analog is great on the buttons
>Xbox and gamecube are coming which means competition and thats good because they work hard like the mega drive and snes they were both great cus they were fighting against each other unlike windows which has no competion and can be as crap as it wants to be.
>good future with the hard drive and usb harware
>Better than all the rest(excluding the Dreamcast)

Bad
>Cost £300
>If your using a square television with no aspect ratio adjustment, when your watching a widescreen version film it will be squashed and they look very very thin.so you have to look if it will be alright with your TV.
>Some games don't work very well on the PS2
>nearly all the good games are still in development.
>Some games(won't mention which ones) are giving the playstation 2 a bad name with the awful anti analising (squared edges)

what are your thoughts?
Sun 20/05/01 at 20:23
Regular
yeh i cant wait to see decent games on ps2 instead of crazy taxi and 18 wheeler when will we see sonic shenmue and msr
Sun 20/05/01 at 08:47
Regular
"Jim Jam Jim"
Wouldnt work. Or were you joking about the CD.
Sat 19/05/01 at 20:48
Regular
yeh but instead of a Play Station three i think it would be better if you payed say £150 for a CD which upgrades your Play station two
Sat 19/05/01 at 18:42
good: i got it
bad: there wont be anything as good as it untill ps3
Sat 19/05/01 at 17:17
Regular
"gsybe you!"
(this is to reply to a mesage way down the list)

gameplay on the N64 awful? Actually play on one please - At least some of the games on N64 can mix graphics and gameplay!
Sat 19/05/01 at 17:01
Regular
"accidental superher"
the ps2 does have some decent games...but some of them are really too short from what i;ve heard such as zone of the enders and shadow of memories...need more longetivity (is that how you spell it??)
Sat 19/05/01 at 14:43
Regular
hardly any decent PS2 games are out until Red Faction
Sat 19/05/01 at 13:43
Regular
Is there a bad?
Sat 19/05/01 at 13:29
Regular
good
red faction
bad
not out yet

good
GTA3
bad
not out yet

good
the getaway
bad
not out yet

Good
all good sega games,jet st radio,shenmue,MSR
bad
not out yet
Wed 16/05/01 at 20:06
who cares about the bad things, atleast there are the good things. if somebady else is payin dont stop to think just get your hands on one.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.