GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Depression"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 17:17
"Goodbye Cruel World"
This is a serious convo by the way. I've got a friend who is really depresed. They've got problems at home (nothing extremely serious just problems) and is just really not happy with themself resulting in them feeling like crap most of the time. They talk to me about it all the time but i am the only one who knows. I dont want to say anything to anyone because of the whole "dont' tell anyone" promise, but i really am worried about them.

So any ideas on what i could say/do/suggest to them would be excellent and i would be extremely grateful.
Wed 08/12/04 at 13:12
Regular
"Long time no see!"
The Hibernator wrote:
"I don't know hold you are. But offer 'em a pint."
-----

Alchohol will not slove anything - it'll just cover it all up, and get him hooked on late-night drinking, leading to all-sorts of problems...

The right idea is there, though. He needs an offer from his friend. His friends. Don't leave him alone - we all know, from experience, that one of the worst places you can be is anywhere, on your own.

So, invite him out to do things regularly. Keep in close contact. Gradually reassure him of everything. Don't let him be alone.

And, if he won't come out, you should go to him. :)
Wed 01/12/04 at 17:25
Regular
if your friend is depressed do not take them to the pub it just makes you feel worse, just let them talk to you, but be firm if they say they cant do something, e.g go to work make them go.
Sat 20/11/04 at 23:05
Regular
"..."
Simply, you can tell your friends to play video games.
Sat 20/11/04 at 11:27
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
I think it gets to the stage where youre posting too much when you've posted the last post in the last 8 topics. I should take a break. lol.
Sat 20/11/04 at 11:26
Regular
"Copyright (c) 2004"
My sister is in uni and gets depressed a lot, and thats not helped by one of her friends trying to kill herself after her bf dumped her, or theyer just having trouble or something. A while ago a different friend tried the same I think.

anyway, shes on anti-depressants,which help. I went down to see her recently and it seemed to cheer her up a bit. shes going to counselling and all her friends are supporting her..generally.... um. Anyway Id recommend getting them involved in sport (exercise releases ......something which makes you...happy?..) try extreme frisbee...or maybe a good game of grab ass. DONT drink, it'll make it worse, like whitestripes said. Make sure theyre eating enough, and thats its healthy. A good diet makes you feel good. um, find something they enjoy (not drink, drugs, or arm slashing, but sex is acceptable) and do it with them (yes.....sex...), like if they like.......heavy metal music go to a concert with them, even if you dont like it. I really good friend is invaluable.
Sat 20/11/04 at 02:46
Regular
"Lokicat"
steven1 wrote:
> Hi i'm steven,i all ways think that if you have'nt been through
> depression you really don't know what you are talking about.Firstly
> one month ago i tryed to kill my self and now i'm on ant-depression
> tablets and sleeping tablets.These things are there to just to help
> peaple along the way, there are so meny things a person has to do and
> to have to get over their difficult times

Speak to me....
Sat 20/11/04 at 02:43
Regular
"Lokicat"
It's a common phenomena. I need to reach out and compare notes, if you,re willing to listen. I have a purpose in life and that is to gather information, so talk, I'm listening.
Tue 09/11/04 at 22:48
Regular
Hi i'm steven,i all ways think that if you have'nt been through depression you really don't know what you are talking about.Firstly one month ago i tryed to kill my self and now i'm on ant-depression tablets and sleeping tablets.These things are there to just to help peaple along the way, there are so meny things a person has to do and to have to get over their difficult times
Mon 01/11/04 at 01:05
Regular
Yes yes, give a depressent to a depressed person.

I like your thinking :)
Sun 31/10/04 at 15:33
Regular
"leaf it aaaaht"
The Hibernator wrote:
> I don't know hold you are. But offer 'em a pint.

hold???

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Impressive control panel
I have to say that I'm impressed with the features available having logged on... Loads of info - excellent.
Phil
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.