GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Depression"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 17:17
"Goodbye Cruel World"
This is a serious convo by the way. I've got a friend who is really depresed. They've got problems at home (nothing extremely serious just problems) and is just really not happy with themself resulting in them feeling like crap most of the time. They talk to me about it all the time but i am the only one who knows. I dont want to say anything to anyone because of the whole "dont' tell anyone" promise, but i really am worried about them.

So any ideas on what i could say/do/suggest to them would be excellent and i would be extremely grateful.
Thu 09/12/04 at 19:52
Regular
"Laughingstock"
Golf is happenin', brothers.
Wed 08/12/04 at 23:47
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
He was talking about golf?
Wed 08/12/04 at 23:46
Regular
"Captain to you."
Black Glove thats the most beautiful discription of golf ever. What ever yours on i want some.
Wed 08/12/04 at 23:28
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Blacky, I think if I nicked you I would have the best drugs bust in the history of Cambridge police!
Wed 08/12/04 at 23:17
Regular
"Laughingstock"
At first light, guide the depressed one to the dew-brushed fairways, the yellow Mr.Men-shaped bunkers, the shaven greens, the thickets, the nameless coppices, the little white ball on the emerald turf, the clippyclop of Titleist in cup, the fresh air, the raw power of a titanium Driver in the palms, the sweet connection, the arcing flight of a 7-iron, the life-affirming cark of crow... introduce the munter to golf.
Wed 08/12/04 at 22:29
Regular
"Excommunicated"
...you just don't understand Goatboy, Plath understood my pain.
Wed 08/12/04 at 21:47
Regular
"Infantalised Forums"
Goatboy wrote:
> Ask him if he's a teenager.
> If he says, nod sagely and say "Thought so" and give him a
> nu-metal CD.
> I recommend the one that has a song called "Break Stuff"
> on.

---

Also, you may with to recommend that he writes pisspoor poetry utilising words like "abyss" "engulf" "salty tides of sadness cascade my visage" and "alone".
Possibly he may wish to slash at himself feebly in order to express his inner torment and be wan and uninteresting.
Or he/she may even wish to embrace the gothic writings of Mary Shelly, Bram Stoker and HP Lovecraft in an attempt to display his/her alienation with the harsh cruel world around.
Wed 08/12/04 at 21:11
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Lawrence wrote:
> The Hibernator wrote:
> I don't know hold you are. But offer 'em a pint.
>
>
> hold???

Whoopsie - Editing now...
Wed 08/12/04 at 14:52
Regular
"long time"
well i think you should tell someone else dont think your mate should have told you not to tell ! do you want to be ill ! i cared for my mum at home before she died would have been more depressed if nobody knew what it was doing to me !all his mates is what he needs !
Wed 08/12/04 at 13:16
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Smiling works, too.

Inside, you can feel as miserable as you like, but when you go out and are around people - any people - it helps to try and put on a brave, happy face.

Just a little smile will do.

Smile at someone and they WILL smile back - it's amazing how human's work like that! Like when you see someone yawn, and you can't stop. And when you see it done, you'll start laughing. It's funny.

I don't FEEL happy a lot of the time now, for some reason(s), but whenever I'm at work or somewhere, it may be because I'm so self-contious or what, but I try to smile a lot and not let it show.

If it's not their business to know I'm unhappy, why should they need to know?

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Continue this excellent work...
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do, I am delighted.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.