GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Megson quits the Brom"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 12:49
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Well, not yet, but come end of season Gary Megson has said he will leave West Brom as his contract expires. This news comes after "bad relations" being rumoured between Megson and the WBA chairman.

Personally I think he's a top manager, and someone is sure to snap him up in Div 1 or above. Southampton? I think it'd work.
Wed 27/10/04 at 20:19
Regular
"Long time no see!"
Well, the truth is, you can't expect any manager to maintain a positive mental attitude amongst his team when he announces he will not be renewing his time in-charge at the end of the current campaign, whether he even gains the offer of a new contract in-time or not.

For many players - especially the youngsters - it can really hit their morale and ambition for the season, very hard.

If the manager himself is showing a great lack in commitment to his job and this club, what are his players supposed to make of it all?

I still believe this is what hit Newcastle early in the season. When we heard publicly he would be joining Alan Shearer in bidding farewell to the club he truly loves, everyone's heads sunk, including his own.

And I believe a similar thing has gone on with Sir Alex Ferguson at Man United with his on-off retirement. Though, after a few rough years, things haven't quite turned out as bad as they could for someone like West Brom... Then again, it must be rock-hard to knock a Treble-winning team down! ;)

(Off the subject here, I'm quite surprised he hasn't been tipped recently as one of the possible candidates to replace Berti Vogts when he's sacked very soon, given that it's all so different at Old Trafford nowadays...)
Wed 27/10/04 at 19:59
Regular
"Brooklyn boy"
Tis a shame, he did wonders with little resources to hand, WBA will be worse off without him and i think this will probably be a factor in sending them down again this year
Wed 27/10/04 at 17:06
Regular
"Got milk?..."
From what I understand Megson has done a lot for the club up until this season... who would they replace him with? I agree that Bobby Robson wouldn't take the position. Bryan Robson should just get out of football, maybe manage an under 10's local team and see how he gets on...and work back from there.

Terry Venables maybe? Last I heard he wasn't managing anyone, and he saved Middlesbrough from an extremely large crisis.

Whatever happened to Phil Thompson (the #2 at Liverpool)? He did well while Houllier was in hospital...
Wed 27/10/04 at 14:37
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
everybody is linked to southampton... except me.

actually, who has martin o'neill been linked to this season. and also gordon strachan, they are always "up" for premeirship jobs, even though celtic dont want martin to leave. 'gers do though
Wed 27/10/04 at 14:35
Regular
"bei-jing-jing-jing"
Pro Evo wrote:
> Possible Southhamptom target now?

As I indicated in my original post, it think it's gunna happen.
Wed 27/10/04 at 12:45
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
yes and it is a huge step down for bobby - barce, and newcastle....brom. (no duscredit to brom, but you see my point)
Wed 27/10/04 at 12:33
Regular
"Hellfire Stoker"
Interesting, but unfortunately unlikely; it's more likely that they've both been linked with the job. Still, it'll be a very hard job, keeping the Baggies in the Premiership. At the moment, it looks more likely to be Bryan going for the job, as Sir Bobby seems to be pretty much in the cold about all of this.
Wed 27/10/04 at 11:09
Regular
"Previously Vampyr"
i heard this morning they are thinking of a robson-robson partnership. booby and bryan that is. it would certainly be intersting if it happened
Wed 27/10/04 at 10:34
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
West Brom are understood to have approached Sir Bobby Robson as they seek a replacement for Gary Megson.

[URL]http://skysports.planetfootball.com/list.asp?hlid=234075&cpid=8&CLID=&lid=2&title=Baggies+approach+Sir+Bobby[/URL]
Wed 27/10/04 at 09:33
Regular
"360: swfcman"
Good thing for him, wouldnt have minded him coming to Hillsborough.

He will bounce back bigger and stronger.

Possible Southhamptom target now?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.