GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"iPod Buying."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 12:43
Regular
"Bicycle"
So my cousin finally has saved up £220 for an iPod.

He, obviously being remotely clever (as he's related to me), wants a dock. And a fourth gen iPod seems to be the best plan, ya know? Longer battery life, nice clicky / wheely thingy...

So yeah. But he wants either 15-20GB. Which is all very hunkey dorey. But he wants it now! And he wants it cheap! And he'd like it laser engraved!

And so, me staying with him in Scotland and all, I'll give him a hand.

Anyone found a cheap place? 3rd/4th Gen iPods, 15-20GB, with dock.

Come on lads, find the precious!
Tue 26/10/04 at 12:43
Regular
"Bicycle"
So my cousin finally has saved up £220 for an iPod.

He, obviously being remotely clever (as he's related to me), wants a dock. And a fourth gen iPod seems to be the best plan, ya know? Longer battery life, nice clicky / wheely thingy...

So yeah. But he wants either 15-20GB. Which is all very hunkey dorey. But he wants it now! And he wants it cheap! And he'd like it laser engraved!

And so, me staying with him in Scotland and all, I'll give him a hand.

Anyone found a cheap place? 3rd/4th Gen iPods, 15-20GB, with dock.

Come on lads, find the precious!
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:23
"slightlyshortertagl"
Engraved?

Apple's your only choice...
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:27
Regular
Wouldn't laser engraving reduce the resale value?

If that's even an issue for your cousin...
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:45
Regular
"tokyo police club"
Apple is your only choice for engraving.

And prepare yourself fr a load of 'ZEN AM BETTAH' posts...
Tue 26/10/04 at 16:31
Regular
"Bicycle"
Meh, what about non-engraved?
Tue 26/10/04 at 16:38
Regular
"tokyo police club"
I got mine for £220 delivered from Amazon about a week after they'd been released.

Your best choice is to use some kind of special offer somewhere to get it cheap, and get a docking connector from the bay.
Tue 26/10/04 at 17:07
Regular
"Twenty quid."
The dock is nothing special, overpriced for what it is and can scratch your iPod over time.

You'll be lucky to find any new iPod anywhere for less than £10-£20 lower than the standard price - Apple are quite strict about pricing.
Tue 26/10/04 at 17:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
If you are a student then use the apple discount, a 15GB comes in at around £201 or something similar.
Tue 26/10/04 at 17:10
Regular
"Picking a winner!"
If your a student get it through the educational store on the apple site, should get free engraving too.

EDIT- Doh just beaten to it by Cookie :-)
Tue 26/10/04 at 17:13
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Oh, and whilst getting "OMG! PWN!" engraved on your ipod seems like a good idea at the moment, you will probably regret it later on.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.