GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"How do you txt via th'internet?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 26/10/04 at 12:29
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I have no credit on my crappy mobile and really need to text someone.

He needs to text me some important details, and I think he's forgotten.

I wanna text him to remind him to text me.

To repaet I have no credit.

I hear you can text someone via the internet somehow. But I don't know how to.

Anyone know?
Wed 27/10/04 at 17:51
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Mêôwmîx wrote:
> www.118.com - register and you get 10 free a day. They definitely
> send, I've done it myself... tried and tested.

Sounds good, you don't have to pay anything in the end though, do you?
Wed 27/10/04 at 17:49
Regular
"Got milk?..."
www.118.com - register and you get 10 free a day. They definitely send, I've done it myself... tried and tested.
Wed 27/10/04 at 14:15
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Well, I used my mum's mobile, and still no reply. I've not given up on getting the details I require, I'll just have to try someone else. Damn you, Ric.

Oh, and cheers Marzman.
Wed 27/10/04 at 13:21
"Was the man of marz"
I believe lycos don't do free text anymore. Even when they did it was only 3 per month or something stupid. O2 are the best bet. 30 per month and it usually works. Hibernator, if you spend at least £10 on credit p/month you could get 300 free text p/month, 1Mb free wap and something eles (I forget). This is not a sales pitch, its just I got a load of these O2 online sims for free and I use the service and I no longer have to waste my credit on ringtones and text. The price plan if you fail to top-up for a month is also competitive.
Tue 26/10/04 at 17:54
Regular
"For One Night Only"
CardBoardFish actually looked very promising, up until it failed to send it. My browser won't allow cookies, and this fish made of cardboard isn't too happy. I'm gonna have to beg my mum to use her phone.
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:51
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Cardboardfish is a site that does free texts, I think. Don't hold me to that site name though.
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:40
Regular
"That's right!"
uboot was really good; always worked and you could tell it to send the text at any time (so you could send one to yourself but tell it to arrive at, say, 4pm if you needed reminding of something)

It closed down though...

o2 is a bit crap, but works most of the time.
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:36
Regular
"For One Night Only"
I'll work something out. Gotta go.

*To self* Ric, you b******, where's my details!?
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:23
Regular
"the burning sky"
http://www.lycos.co.uk/
or
http://mobile.lycos.co.uk/

Sign up on the second one, and despite it saying you pay for texts, I beleive you get a number of free credits... but that was a fair while ago. So dont use it unless you are sure you're not paying...
Tue 26/10/04 at 13:18
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Can you remember it?

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.