GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"My postie is clearly blind"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/10/04 at 14:07
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
A letter came through the door today for

Mr and Mrs Muirhead
18 Cuthill Brae
Stoneyburn
EH47 8ZZ

The first thing that would have alarm bells ringing about whether i was delivering this to the correct address would be the name, if the other 4 pieces of mail you are delivering to the same house have the surname of STEVENSON on them would you give them a letter for MUIRHEAD? I hope not.

Next up is the address, my street is cuthill TERRACE, you cant just go from BRAE to TERRACE, the maths just isnt made for it.

The town is correct. (amazing! 1 out of 4)

The postcode is shocking, the EH47 is ok, but the last part is not 8ZZ, infact EH47 8ZZ is not a valid postcode according to the royal mail website, though they could be wrong since they like LYING to people.

Scottish Power issued the letter, i would have thought they could use quick address pro to check that the address was valid, but clearly they are dullards.

So in summary, Mr and Mrs Muirhead will not be getting their energy bill.
Sat 23/10/04 at 16:17
"slightlyshortertagl"
For some reason, yesterday I managed to recieve all my next door neighbour's mail.

Personaly,, I always saw a difference between '7' and '5'.

Was very random.
Fri 22/10/04 at 22:58
Regular
My postie is a nice guy, I'm on speaking terms with him as I get about 2-3 packages a week from Play.com :0D

Only annoyance is that post doesn't arrive until about 11-12pm, when my mate round the corner gets it at 8-9am.

Ah well, as long as it arrives in the end ;0)
Fri 22/10/04 at 22:56
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
Pirate Pony wrote:
> Sometimes I would like to be a postie... Are girls allowed? You never
> see them.... *wanders off to ponder on that*

Yeah they are, they're rare but they exist. One in my local one was an ex-prostitute, says something about the standard of post-"lady" doesnt it?
Fri 22/10/04 at 22:47
Regular
I like our postie/s (seems to be someone different every day), because he delivers the letters address to 2 "Insert Street Name" (I'm not having you track me down) to our house, which is number 20. Although once we got a letter addressed to a random person, number 18, Kelburne Road (not my street, not even close) "some random town".

Fair enough if it's got the 20.
Or the "Glen" bit of the address
Or the name Munn
Or even the village name

But wha?

By "once" I mean yesterday, by the way.
Not like I'd remember an address from months ago.
Fri 22/10/04 at 22:31
Regular
"You gonna eat that?"
Sometimes I would like to be a postie... Are girls allowed? You never see them.... *wanders off to ponder on that*
Fri 22/10/04 at 18:23
Regular
"I love Lemonesent"
I get that quite often round here and we never have the same postie ..... but at least I got my SR mag today so I'll let emn off
Fri 22/10/04 at 18:13
Regular
"Dr. Chad Niga"
Mr and Mrs Muirhead

Stonyburn

Ha
Burn your stoney head you dirty muir.
Fri 22/10/04 at 18:11
Gah. I want to be a postman now.
Fri 22/10/04 at 18:04
Regular
"Bicycle"
I wuv you Goaty.

I want your Manbabies.
Fri 22/10/04 at 17:37
Regular
I was lying, obviously.

My posty is a top bloke anyway, so yeah.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
I've been with Freeola for 14 years...
I've been with Freeola for 14 years now, and in that time you have proven time and time again to be a top-ranking internet service provider and unbeatable hosting service. Thank you.
Anthony

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.