GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Trade in's?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 22/10/04 at 10:41
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Does anyone know where i can trade 3 Xbox games in for 3 newish one's?
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Reynolds wrote:
> yeah but the thing is they are brand new, not even played their still
> in their wrappers

I went to trade in a game at the store of the same name, the game was still in the wrapper, they wouldnt take it as a trade in because it was brand new. Instead they let me take any game in its place worth the same value or less.
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:47
Regular
Reynolds wrote:
> yeah but the thing is they are brand new, not even played their still
> in their wrappers

If they're from a different source, then they're still classed as second hand and will be valued as such. The best you could probably get, is if the Manager (at his discretion) bought them off you at trade price - he wouldn't do a straight swap on other brand new games though.
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:46
Regular
"8==="
Tell me the games and I'll tell you how much I can get for 'em.
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:46
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
You still won't get full price. Different shops set prices for specific games. If they're in bad condition they won't be bought, so just because they're brand new won't make a difference in price.
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:45
Regular
"8==="
Reynolds wrote:
> Can't i just them a game which is 19.99 and exchange it for another
> game which is 19.99 what i haven't got?

Only if it's a recent purchase, you still have the receipt and you're cheeky enough to do it.
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:43
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
yeah but the thing is they are brand new, not even played their still in their wrappers
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:41
Regular
It doesn't work like that, because as soon as you bought it, it depreciated into 2nd hand value.

EDIT - To Reynolds, I didn't know Mattribute had replied
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:40
Regular
"tokyo police club"
You can't simply exchange games like that.

To exchange 3 XBOX games for 3 XBOX games, you'd have to have 3 newish XBOX games to start with, and you'd probably only get 2nd hand quite old ones in return.
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:36
Regular
"Foxes 4 Ever!!!"
Can't i just them a game which is 19.99 and exchange it for another game which is 19.99 what i haven't got?
Fri 22/10/04 at 11:00
Regular
"i missed the show!!"
You will make a loss, but if you're not playing those 3 games you may as well get rid of them for a discount on other games. It will save money in the long run.

It might be better doing a "3 for 1" deal, although even then they'd have to give u £12.50 a game in order to afford a top end game, and thats about the most i ever got for a trade-in

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.