GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"xbox live tonight!!!"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 04/01/05 at 18:18
Regular
"no nonsense"
is it just me or can nobody else connect to xbox live, i aint been on in a while like 2 weeks and for some reason tonight, when i try to it won't connect. anyone else having this problem?
Sat 08/01/05 at 03:05
Regular
"wasup"
hey, anyone know about xbox live, i need for someone to answer some of my questions about it. i need to know how you set up the xbox live by doing the direct connection. some gay guy a circuit city told me that i needed a router, but i think i need is just a high speed modem. holla back and tell me please, thanks [email protected]
Fri 07/01/05 at 22:28
Regular
"no nonsense"
how would i save the changes? it just says 'finish wizard without disk'...
Fri 07/01/05 at 17:16
Regular
"Incomprehendible"
Are you defintely applying the changes, and not forgetting to save them?

*Note. This is not meant to question your intelligence, it is a genuine point.
Fri 07/01/05 at 13:46
Regular
"no nonsense"
re-opened!!! booo

cannot believe this. everytime i turn off my pc or restart it, live stops working. So i have to configue the wizard again, then if i restart the pc, live stops working. its oka when i turn off the xbox, but i have to keep my pc running. once the pc gets turned off live will not find its IP address.

Anyone else had this problem, anyway to over-come it?

if no one knows what to do i will just configue the wizard every time untill my router comes in april but if anyone knows how to get around this... please tell me.

thanks
Wed 05/01/05 at 23:01
Regular
"no nonsense"
finally sorted it out once and for all, problem was, when i was setting up ICS i hadn't closed my firewall. all sorted on now, thanks to everyone who tried to help me out

end
Wed 05/01/05 at 20:29
Regular
"no nonsense"
so annoying, i don't understand wy it won't work. i get extra frustrated! getting a wireless router but that isn't until april!! i can't wait that long to play on live!!! help!

last night i did the network wizard and live worked fine. turned off the xbox and then started it again bout 1 hour later and it didn't work. now after doing the wizard multiple times it still will not work :( help me... please
Wed 05/01/05 at 20:05
Regular
"no nonsense"
i have just got a new pc and did everything correct and live worked fine, but then just couple of days ago i went to play and it stopped working. my firewall is panda platinum or something. dunno if that is stopping it or anything
Wed 05/01/05 at 11:22
Regular
"Eric The Half A Bee"
sanders wrote:
> live is down again. as soon as i turn off the xbox! went to play on it
> again and it isn't working, p!ssed off and not going on tonight
> arhhhh!

I'm connecting throgh ICS which caused me LOTS of problems - Have you updated your firewall recently? - I'm using ZoneAlarm myself and I found allowing outgoing port 37, 3074 UDP and 3074 TCP fixed all my problems (I think these are the port number, the support section on live will fill you in)

Before then my connection was pretty patchy
Wed 05/01/05 at 06:44
Regular
Get a modem/router combo - the solution to all your problems (yes, including that rash).
Wed 05/01/05 at 00:45
Regular
"no nonsense"
live is down again. as soon as i turn off the xbox! went to play on it again and it isn't working, p!ssed off and not going on tonight arhhhh!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.