GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"AvP"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Thu 21/10/04 at 18:42
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I have just come back from a advance screening.

As far as I am concerned AvP ROCKS!!! It is glorious and keeps very closely to the established mythologies of both Alien Races. Don't let the negative reviews put you off.
Fri 22/10/04 at 16:48
Regular
Leave Anderson alone. There are 2 reasons for this:

A: He has a sorta fettish for Sean Pertwee
B: Event Horizon.
Fri 22/10/04 at 16:52
Regular
Apparently one of the deleted scenes explains that there's a hormone given to the Queen that speeds up the chest-bursting process or something.

And people give Anderson a hard time. I enjoyed both Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil a fair deal. AvP SE will be good, Event Horizon was weird, and Resident Evil Apocalypse was just complete shat.
Fri 22/10/04 at 16:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Resident evil was a stink-fest.

I would rather eat a rancid corpse than watch that guff again.
Fri 22/10/04 at 16:58
Regular
The first was excellent. But two was just bloody awful. The ammount of gaping plot holes and changes made from the source material are astounding. Anderson, I hope the next game you send up is a good effort, or I'll be hunting you. I've already placed posters advertising a reward on the production of his corpse around my Uni.
Fri 22/10/04 at 18:16
Regular
"Monkey Man"
Worst Film Ever.
There was nothing good at all about avp, Nothing!
20th Century Fox obviously didnt see pauls other 'great cinematic achievements' like mortal kombat and resident evil,
Well, thank you paul for destroying what was a great idea, after seeing that i feel like i should never pay to see a film again!

DO NOT WATCH THIS FILM, everyone has a mate who buys crap dvds, wait until then and borrow it!
Fri 22/10/04 at 18:20
Regular
"\\"
He never destroyed the great idea that it was. No. He just didn't do it brilliantly, could have been better, but it wasn't bad.
Fri 22/10/04 at 18:22
Regular
"Monkey Man"
sorry, he did.

worst film, ever.
Fri 22/10/04 at 19:25
Regular
"Milky Milky"
This is one of those films that will split people straight down the middle. I still think it is great.
Fri 22/10/04 at 19:47
Regular
What people are failing to realise is that FOX are the people that destroyed a part of this film, not Anderson.
Fri 22/10/04 at 23:00
Regular
Anderson just rushes his films. It is his only fault.

When he does an original film (Event Horizon) he takes care and creates a genius of a film.

Look at Apocalypse. Sure it was terrible (although technically he didn't make it) but the mass of references to the games was unbelievable. As a Film-goer I hated it. But as a Resident Evil fan it ruled. Nemesis said "stars", There were 3 stars from Resident Evil 3. An appearance of Barry Burton and 2 scenes in particular... the scene where Alice drops the gun, falls and catches it and the scene where RPD members shoot as the Zombie hoards head their way are ripped straight from the games.

I also here AvP features a lot of in-jokes and nods to the Alien and Predator films.

It shows that Anderson does love the franchises he tries to make films of. He does try. He rushed AvP from what i've heard and it is just an adrenaline film rather than the clever cinematic type movies of the Alien Trilogy and (to a lesser extent) Predator. But I also hear it is perfectly watchable.

Anderson needs to take his time some more. Because he could create some true classics.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Many thanks!
You were 100% right - great support!
Top-notch internet service
Excellent internet service and customer service. Top-notch in replying to my comments.
Duncan

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.