GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"If you know stuff about Windows XP please READ"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 18/10/04 at 21:23
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Hi. GCSE student in crisis. I was typing up Chemistry coursework, and wrote a lot in the space of half an hour without saving. Then, before saving, I got a message saying that there was an error, and the word processor had to close. And it deleted all the unsaved work. I know it's unlikely, but is there ANY way I can get that unsaved work back? Personally, I don't think so, but I still hope so.
Tue 19/10/04 at 12:32
Regular
"NULL"
I've got nothing against MS - I've been happily using their software for years...but that li'l oxymoron joke still makes me chuckle.
Tue 19/10/04 at 12:01
Regular
"bing bang bong"
Nimco wrote:
> Microsoft Works - what an oxymoron!

Dissing Microsoft stopped being cool in 2001 you know
Tue 19/10/04 at 10:43
Regular
"Bicycle"
Some people are really unlucky with Word Processing, methinks.

Hope it don't happen to me...
Tue 19/10/04 at 08:37
Regular
"Lisan al-Gaib"
Usually recoverable fils will auto load (or the option to load will be presentd) if the application supports it.
If you can use autosave, do so. Set it to every five minutes. It's a pain, but far less than losing three hours of complicated math like I did with my Uni diss. Grrrrr.
Tue 19/10/04 at 07:05
Regular
The Autosave feature was invented because of this.
Tue 19/10/04 at 00:49
Regular
"NULL"
Microsoft Works - what an oxymoron!
Mon 18/10/04 at 23:28
Regular
Microsoft Works won't have the luxury of the "restore" feature I'm afraid :(
Mon 18/10/04 at 22:03
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Ah well. I'll get through this...
Mon 18/10/04 at 21:58
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Im afraid i just had a look and it says on some site that autosave is a new feature on works 8.
Mon 18/10/04 at 21:56
Regular
"allardini's tagline"
Actually, the restored thing just isn't there. I think im screwed, but thanks very much for all the help anyway.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Just a quick note to say thanks for a very good service ... in fact excellent service..
I am very happy with your customer service and speed and quality of my broadband connection .. keep up the good work . and a good new year to all of you at freeola.
Matthew Bradley
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.