GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"ldr virus thingy"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 17/10/04 at 20:34
Regular
I have this program located in C:/ called "ldr" which runs whenever I run internet explorer and downloads dialer viruses, which I imagine arent very good. my AVG picks it up always, but it just keeps appearing.

Any ideas of how I can get rid of it once and for all?

Any help is appreciated.
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:34
Regular
I have this program located in C:/ called "ldr" which runs whenever I run internet explorer and downloads dialer viruses, which I imagine arent very good. my AVG picks it up always, but it just keeps appearing.

Any ideas of how I can get rid of it once and for all?

Any help is appreciated.
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:35
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Oh dear, youve had more viruses in the past week than ive had in the past 3 years. Are you running a firewall and fully patched and updated windows?
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:35
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Go into Safe mode and sort it.
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:39
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> Are you running a firewall and fully patched and
> updated windows?

No firewall, no fully patched windows.

My window's wont patch because it has a parrot on the shoulder, an eyepatch and says "Y'argh" a lot (pirate) and I dont know where to get a decent firewall free because I'm a student and can't afford much in the way of utilities - food is of paramount importance.
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:41
Regular
"Not a Jew"
Head over to

www.download.com

And download

"Symangate Personal Firewall." A free and excellent firewall.
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:43
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
The windows xp firewall is all you need.

Though without patching it may be a bit less effective.
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:48
Regular
I've downloaded it but it's got some pretty bad customer reviews - http://www.download.com/3302-2092_4-10247416.html

Maybe Zone Alarm is better?
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:49
Regular
cookie monster wrote:
> The windows xp firewall is all you need.
>
> Though without patching it may be a bit less effective.

I have windows firewall enabled I think - but if it is it is unpatched. To check do I go via my Internet Explorer properties?
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:52
Regular
"Not a Jew"
82% of the Sgate reviews gave it the thumbs up. Norton is very good, but for a £30 price tag and its habit of slowing down your comp I get annoyed with it. I use both it and Sygate though and have no problems.
Sun 17/10/04 at 20:53
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
As far as i now you can only check my running the auto-update and checking what you need.

You should try downloading service pack 2 from a utilities site.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
Many thanks!!
Registered my website with Freeola Sites on Tuesday. Now have full and comprehensive Google coverage for my site. Great stuff!!
John Shepherd

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.