GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Worst Name"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/10/04 at 19:08
Regular
"The Expert"
Whats the worst name, You have in your mind?
Wed 13/10/04 at 22:10
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Trish wrote:
> I know someone called Storm Chaser, she has a brother called Hurricane
> and a sister called Tornado.
>
> Their parents have serious issues.

Bwahaha, that is really sad. The being called tornado would be sort of cool.
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:56
Regular
"ATAT Supremo"
I had two teachers at my old school that had real dodgy names.

Wayne Kurr
Phil Hiscock

I thought the first names were just the other kids having a wind up, but it turned out that those were actually their real names. Theres some really cruel parents out there...

Mind you, my Grandad's name is Michael Hunt (yup, like the Porky's joke). When I was little, I used to wonder why everyone called him Mick instead of Mike for short. As I got older, it all came together and the subject was never brought up again.

My Uncle being the wind up merchant that he is (and bearing the Hunt surname), was trying to come up with baby names with my Aunt when she was pregnant with my cousin Dan all those years ago. It took her a moment to clock onto why my Uncle wanted to call him Erik.
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:55
Regular
I'm calling my first child (male or female) Rufus.
The second will be Elvis.
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:55
Regular
"Sure.Fine.Whatever."
I know someone called Storm Chaser, she has a brother called Hurricane and a sister called Tornado.

Their parents have serious issues.
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:51
Regular
"0228"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Timmargh wrote:
> "Jenny Taylor"
>
> I had to say that a few times.

Took me a while aswell.
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:47
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Forest Fan wrote:
> Candice.

I have to agree with you forest fan, there is an annoying little lying,exaggerating dwarf in my tech who has the same name.
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:40
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
"Jenny Taylor"

I had to say that a few times.

I really do like eccentric names though. If I ever somehow father a child, I may give it some eccentric name. Nothing like Bobcheese though, perhaps a tad too far.

Either that or adopt a koala and call it Terrence.
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:37
Regular
"Twenty quid."
I knew a guy whose full name is Lancelot Radcliff Bertrum Jackman, but to be honest I quite liked the idea of a name like that.

I wanted to call my dog Daniel, but the missus wouldn't let me.

I'd like to meet someone called Jenny Taylor or Hugh Janus.
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:35
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
Grix Thraves wrote:
> Harrison isn't that bad a name?

I suppose not, thinking about it..can be shortened to "Harry" if he doesnt like it. I just think eccentric names lead to kids getting teased at school.

Coming from a "Luke" just after Return of the Jedi was released =P
Wed 13/10/04 at 21:33
Regular
Harrison isn't that bad a name?

Herbert? Wally? Bob J Knobjock.

Wanton R Booblet. Archibald Hump. Kevin.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.
Wonderful...
... and so easy-to-use even for a technophobe like me. I had my website up in a couple of hours. Thank you.
Vivien

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.