GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Reunion - should i go?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Wed 13/10/04 at 14:42
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
I've got an email from a lass who was one of my colleagues at Harlow College, saying everyone on the course is invited to catch up in London later this month. I'm undecided on whether to go for two reasons. I'm unemployed and no doubt all the others have jobs. Bit embarrasing for me. Other reason is that London is nearly 200 miles away and the meeting time is 7pm. So I ask you guys: what would you do? Should I bother going down there? Or I could just email them and ask what they're doing now.
Wed 13/10/04 at 14:42
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
I've got an email from a lass who was one of my colleagues at Harlow College, saying everyone on the course is invited to catch up in London later this month. I'm undecided on whether to go for two reasons. I'm unemployed and no doubt all the others have jobs. Bit embarrasing for me. Other reason is that London is nearly 200 miles away and the meeting time is 7pm. So I ask you guys: what would you do? Should I bother going down there? Or I could just email them and ask what they're doing now.
Wed 13/10/04 at 14:47
Regular
"...y'crazy fool!"
There was always something I thought was quite fishy about Friends Reunited - like everyone had done so well for themselves and I was lagging behind (don't know what made me think of that but I guess it does kinda relate).

If you had friends on that course that you miss then just go - it doesn't matter that you're unemployed, chances are some of the others are, or they're BS'ing that they're employed somewhere really good (the temptation is always there).

7pm + 200 miles...if you're driving you should be ok but I don't know what the public transport would be like if it's a late finish time =P

Emails are just as good I guess, maybe a bit more personal if they put their heart into it... but nothing beats a social night out somewhere, I take it there's gonna be drinks? =D
Wed 13/10/04 at 14:52
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
I think that you should do it. Just make up a story on how you dont need to work cos your so wealthy.
Wed 13/10/04 at 14:56
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
one-eye wrote:
> There was always something I thought was quite fishy about Friends
> Reunited - like everyone had done so well for themselves and I was
> lagging behind (don't know what made me think of that but I guess it
> does kinda relate).
>
> If you had friends on that course that you miss then just go - it
> doesn't matter that you're unemployed, chances are some of the others
> are, or they're BS'ing that they're employed somewhere really good
> (the temptation is always there).
>
> 7pm + 200 miles...if you're driving you should be ok but I don't know
> what the public transport would be like if it's a late finish time
> =P
>
> Emails are just as good I guess, maybe a bit more personal if they
> put their heart into it... but nothing beats a social night out
> somewhere, I take it there's gonna be drinks? =D

I don't miss them that much to be honest! It was only a 19-week course and we only went to the pub occasionally.
Got to go down to London anyway on the 31st Oct, 2 days before the reunion. And I don't have a car. Money is also a problem. It's just too much hassle, you know?
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:12
Regular
"AkaSeraphim"
If you would like to see all the people from the past then go ahead and do it. Dont worry that you are unemployed it doesnt make you any less of a person, try focus on something else other than maybe job related. I always think there is more to people then there job (some people hide behind there job because there unhappy with the rest of there life). With all the catching up you do and the different people you see there should be loads of conversation going on other then work.

If it does come up tell them what you did and say something like you are taking some time out to find something different to do.
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:25
Regular
"You fail in life!"
Personally I wouldn't bother with it, I'd e-mail those you want to keep in contact with and shun the rest of boob-heads who you don't like.
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:26
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
It doesn't sound that much like a school reunion. A 19 week course doesn't sound like it needs a reunion. If it was a school reunion then I would say go. I reckon e-mail them to see if it is worth it.
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:26
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Thanatos wrote:
> Personally I wouldn't bother with it, I'd e-mail those you want to
> keep in contact with and shun the rest of boob-heads who you don't
> like.

Very tempting...
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:28
Regular
"tall skinny latte"
Super Kev wrote:
> It doesn't sound that much like a school reunion. A 19 week course
> doesn't sound like it needs a reunion. If it was a school reunion
> then I would say go. I reckon e-mail them to see if it is worth it.

I'd definately be up for a school reunion.
Wed 13/10/04 at 15:30
Regular
"KA-BLAMO"
darkcrystal wrote:
> Super Kev wrote:
> It doesn't sound that much like a school reunion. A 19 week course
> doesn't sound like it needs a reunion. If it was a school reunion
> then I would say go. I reckon e-mail them to see if it is worth it.
>
> I'd definately be up for a school reunion.

Hell yes. There were some Lovely ladies that I haven't seen for years.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thank you very much for your help!
Top service for free - excellent - thank you very much for your help.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.