GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest OXM Disc review type thng...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/01/05 at 18:17
Regular
Just wasted another £6 on this rubbish magazine. Still I'd probably have spent it on something similarily stupid if not the magazine, at least it'll give me something to skim through on the crapper.

The disk this month is a bit on the cack side.

Forza Motorsport - Just feels like TOCA 2 to me. Only reason I'd think of getting this is for Live play, but as it comes out at the same time as 100's of other infinetly better Live gamnes, I doubt this'd get a look in as I don't w*nk over car parts.

Star Wars : Republic Commando - Tis okay, nothing particuarly amazing though. The shooting sections feel a bit shallow and uninspiring in places which is never a good thing in a game that relies so heavily upon them. The control you have over your team is insanely limited as well, certainly not the amazing Star Wars game I've seen this being billed as.

Worms Forts - It's kinda hard to decide whether the whole forts thing is a good idea from the demo. It seems kinda fun but half the time I have no idea what the different Forts and stuff do. Probably would have been best off sticking to the original Worms formula if you ask me.

Outlaw Golf 2 - Absoloutly unbelievably rubbish! The game's supposed to be funny, it's not. WHoever writes the script and the jokes for this garbage should be shot many times in their never regions. I honestly can't imagine how garbage like this ever gets published, completly shoite!

Chronicles of Riddick - Am I missing something? I was led to belive this was one of the best games of last year. All I see are nice graphics and physics tacked on to what is otherwise a clunky and unintresting gaming experience.

Sudeki - See the final sentence in my Outlaw Golf 2 review.

So overall another rubbish issue of OXM.

Oh and next months demos are...

Mercenaries
Mechassault 2 (Xbox Live demo)
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie
Star Wars Battlefront
Rocky Legends
Colin Mcrae 2005
Blinx 2
The Incredibles
Sat 08/01/05 at 16:42
Regular
"gsybe you!"
Riddick was both great and also really not so good.

Was strange....

+

OXM really is just crap.

'XBOX is amazin!!1 and da over consoles r crap!11'

Sums it up. And they give every game at least 8.5
Fri 07/01/05 at 20:26
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
The highlight of that game for me was SPOILER---------------------------

Shooting the aliens that you let out in roder to escape, the atmosphere was great though it really isn't good enough to play through over in my opinion.
Fri 07/01/05 at 19:46
Regular
I have been puzzled all along why everyone is getting so excited about Forza. It's a racing game that everyone will jizzum over for a day and then drop after a few hours on LIVE.

Riddick though is different class. Can't see how you managaed to get into it purely based on a demo. The story builds throughout, the characters play an important part the further you get in, the shooting sections are awesome etc etc. I thought you had played it already though?
Fri 07/01/05 at 19:14
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
I sold Riddick imeadiately after completion, it was fun to play through but didn't have that pazang that makes you want to go through it again. On another note the Riddick sequel will most definately be a Tyconn(ish) sort of game where Riddick sets up a stall in the desert trying to sell all those cigarettes he aquired in butcher bay.
Fri 07/01/05 at 19:09
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
Thank you i hope you will be giving this topic every month:), Very useful with the next month demos.
Fri 07/01/05 at 18:29
Regular
I have only played Forza so far. I enjoyed it. Was a little hard to get into though. Should be quite a good game on Live :)
Fri 07/01/05 at 18:23
Regular
Riddick's kinda weird, I had fun playing through it and all, and snapping necks was cool, but looking back it just doesn't seem fun at all. A bit like StarFox Adventures.
Fri 07/01/05 at 18:17
Regular
Just wasted another £6 on this rubbish magazine. Still I'd probably have spent it on something similarily stupid if not the magazine, at least it'll give me something to skim through on the crapper.

The disk this month is a bit on the cack side.

Forza Motorsport - Just feels like TOCA 2 to me. Only reason I'd think of getting this is for Live play, but as it comes out at the same time as 100's of other infinetly better Live gamnes, I doubt this'd get a look in as I don't w*nk over car parts.

Star Wars : Republic Commando - Tis okay, nothing particuarly amazing though. The shooting sections feel a bit shallow and uninspiring in places which is never a good thing in a game that relies so heavily upon them. The control you have over your team is insanely limited as well, certainly not the amazing Star Wars game I've seen this being billed as.

Worms Forts - It's kinda hard to decide whether the whole forts thing is a good idea from the demo. It seems kinda fun but half the time I have no idea what the different Forts and stuff do. Probably would have been best off sticking to the original Worms formula if you ask me.

Outlaw Golf 2 - Absoloutly unbelievably rubbish! The game's supposed to be funny, it's not. WHoever writes the script and the jokes for this garbage should be shot many times in their never regions. I honestly can't imagine how garbage like this ever gets published, completly shoite!

Chronicles of Riddick - Am I missing something? I was led to belive this was one of the best games of last year. All I see are nice graphics and physics tacked on to what is otherwise a clunky and unintresting gaming experience.

Sudeki - See the final sentence in my Outlaw Golf 2 review.

So overall another rubbish issue of OXM.

Oh and next months demos are...

Mercenaries
Mechassault 2 (Xbox Live demo)
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie
Star Wars Battlefront
Rocky Legends
Colin Mcrae 2005
Blinx 2
The Incredibles

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Best Provider
The best provider I know of, never a problem, recommend highly
Paul
Brilliant service.
Love it, love it, love it!
Christopher

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.