GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Latest OXM Disc review type thng...."

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Fri 07/01/05 at 18:17
Regular
Just wasted another £6 on this rubbish magazine. Still I'd probably have spent it on something similarily stupid if not the magazine, at least it'll give me something to skim through on the crapper.

The disk this month is a bit on the cack side.

Forza Motorsport - Just feels like TOCA 2 to me. Only reason I'd think of getting this is for Live play, but as it comes out at the same time as 100's of other infinetly better Live gamnes, I doubt this'd get a look in as I don't w*nk over car parts.

Star Wars : Republic Commando - Tis okay, nothing particuarly amazing though. The shooting sections feel a bit shallow and uninspiring in places which is never a good thing in a game that relies so heavily upon them. The control you have over your team is insanely limited as well, certainly not the amazing Star Wars game I've seen this being billed as.

Worms Forts - It's kinda hard to decide whether the whole forts thing is a good idea from the demo. It seems kinda fun but half the time I have no idea what the different Forts and stuff do. Probably would have been best off sticking to the original Worms formula if you ask me.

Outlaw Golf 2 - Absoloutly unbelievably rubbish! The game's supposed to be funny, it's not. WHoever writes the script and the jokes for this garbage should be shot many times in their never regions. I honestly can't imagine how garbage like this ever gets published, completly shoite!

Chronicles of Riddick - Am I missing something? I was led to belive this was one of the best games of last year. All I see are nice graphics and physics tacked on to what is otherwise a clunky and unintresting gaming experience.

Sudeki - See the final sentence in my Outlaw Golf 2 review.

So overall another rubbish issue of OXM.

Oh and next months demos are...

Mercenaries
Mechassault 2 (Xbox Live demo)
The Spongebob Squarepants Movie
Star Wars Battlefront
Rocky Legends
Colin Mcrae 2005
Blinx 2
The Incredibles
Mon 10/01/05 at 11:36
Regular
*flips the bird*
Mon 10/01/05 at 11:30
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
Your Honour wrote:
> I found Forza just too realistic. I prefer my racers with a
> little more arcadey-ness. In fact, I'm really getting into Outrun 2
> at the moment. Working my way through the mini games is really
> challenging. It's a great game to pick up and play for 10 mins while
> you're waiting for the missus to get ready to go out.
>
> Played the Worms demo with a mate and I'm not sure on this one. The
> time limit on the demo seemed too short to be able to get a real feel
> for the game. I may rent this at some point before rushing out to
> buy.
>
> Outlaw Golf was crap.
>
> Can't remember what else was on the disk, so nothing could have
> amazed me very much...

Ah strange the trailer of outlaw 2 looked awesome but when gamers say its rubbish ok, Seemed to be arcadeness and radicaly fun the ball going over the highway thats cool. :)
Mon 10/01/05 at 09:47
Regular
I found Forza just too realistic. I prefer my racers with a little more arcadey-ness. In fact, I'm really getting into Outrun 2 at the moment. Working my way through the mini games is really challenging. It's a great game to pick up and play for 10 mins while you're waiting for the missus to get ready to go out.

Played the Worms demo with a mate and I'm not sure on this one. The time limit on the demo seemed too short to be able to get a real feel for the game. I may rent this at some point before rushing out to buy.

Outlaw Golf was crap.

Can't remember what else was on the disk, so nothing could have amazed me very much...
Mon 10/01/05 at 06:32
Regular
I reckon Forza will have a robust league system. It's really selling it's online support as a key feature.

I mean, what would be the point in spending loads of time tuning your car up just to win a race? You want something out of it.

I probably won't get myself into the stats of this one, unless the game turns out to really rock beyond belief. I'll just be happy collecting a number of cars and doing them up. And doing the single player career of course :)
Sun 09/01/05 at 22:37
Regular
"8==="
Oh yeah XBM have the Halo 2 soundtrack as a free CD.
Sun 09/01/05 at 21:54
Regular
"8==="
Riddick was an exercise in style with a sturdy engine.

Thief 3 was much better though.

I got Sudeki but have yet to play it.

Forts might be good, the main problem I had with the new worms is that you have to be VERY accurate and the explosion radius' are TINY which doesn't make using the big weapons as much fun as they were in 2D.

I picked up the last 3 XBM discs which gave me some good insight into the demo titles (and is responsible for me earmarking Silent Hill 4 for purchase at some point).

If Forza has a decent League system then I'll give it a go. I'm going to get one driving game and it'll be the best one for leagues.

Aside from the demo disc OXM's only useful to check the new and upcoming releases, you have to read the reviews with a pinch of salt as sometimes they'll give a dodgy game an 8.0 etc.

I'll give that Mech Assault 2 Demo a go to see if it's as slow and dull as the original. If not then I'll get it.
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:39
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Seeing as its the Xbox game to counter Gran Turismo 4 then yes its doing its job.
Sat 08/01/05 at 18:30
Regular
"Gamertag Number 10"
This month the demos are not worth it, Maybe Forza Motorsport, I don't know for me seems a kind of Grand Turismo 4.
Sat 08/01/05 at 17:54
Regular
"Just Bog Standard.."
I wasn't too impressed with Forza, just felt like an average racer. The only other demo I played was Outlaw Golf, it was okay but I doubt I'd buy the full game.
Sat 08/01/05 at 16:55
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
what is the big idea of giving a sponge a game?

Like most movie-tie-in-games, it'll be crap.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Thanks!
Thank you for dealing with this so promptly it's nice having a service provider that offers a good service, rare to find nowadays.
Simple, yet effective...
This is perfect, so simple yet effective, couldnt believe that I could build a web site, have alrealdy recommended you to friends. Brilliant.
Con

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.