GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Would we want to know the truth about God and Religion?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Tue 12/10/04 at 16:54
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Ever since the dawn of time, or as long as we can remember, scientists and religious people have searched for the existence, or non-existence of God. The Big Bang theory was one of the many theories that clashed and delayed the truth. Without a time machine or anyone alive at the time to tell us, the whole thing remains a mystery. But suppose for a moment a clever person did find out the truth. The question is:

Would we want to know?

Just suppose that somebody worked out and gave evidence that God didn't exist, say, with a time machine or evidence from the Big Bang. Firstly, religious people would argue to the ends of the earth, wasting time searching for truth. Eventually, if theyw ere forced ot believe, these people would consider themselves gulliable, and the world would split into two types of people- the right people and the wrong people. The right people would be those that believed in the Scientific creation ideas, and would consider themselves smarter than everyone else. The people that were wrong may feel a loss of something, and become less confident, even laughed at. The agnostic (undecided) people may lie to prove themselves right, causing more chaos.

Suppose it was the other way around, and it was proven that God existed. Science itself would become messed up big time, as the Big Bang theory was wrong, could other things, like gravity and chemistry be wrong? Religious people would start to think about other fantasy beings and stories being true, and everyone would become confused. Those that are agnostic would have an even harder time, deciding upon believing fantastical things, or trying to figure out the problem with science.

What if both theories were true? Would there be a 'peace on earth' situation, with everyone being right?

Thank you if you can work out what I'm rambling on about. Hopefully, this has given everyone something to think about.
Tue 12/10/04 at 18:03
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
Well Descartes believed that he proved the existence of God a number of times and I don't feel any different heh. If someone else does prove God exists 100%, no questions then I think it would be great because unless they prove that this God is PERFECT then it isn't truly god so when God's existence has finally been proved we'll be living with the knowledge that there is a perfect being watching over us which I think is a very good thought indeed.

If it was proven that God doesn't exist however I don't think I'd mind either. I think the die hard fanatics would just go into a state of denial and a lot of people would lose hope in their lives but I'd rather know than be lied to by the Church to keep the Pope's bank account open for all the kiddy fiddling law suits.
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:58
Regular
"www.bloodbanx.com"
[opinion]God is a strong being in our minds and That is all that I belive,
I think that the galaxy's and planets that surround us where once one, I belive the planet became unstable after billions of years and slowly broke away, forming new planets like ours, and I belive that certain elements fused to create the diffrent features of our planets, one of these elements being the master being, an animal that is neither frog nor human nor turtle nor shark.
It was the original being of the "Earth" these species seperated and developed accordingly, frogs evolving slowly into what they are now, and human the same.
I also belive we are advanced computers, we take in our "power" and we output "heat", and in that sense i also belive that we can be turned off like a computer when our processers become damaged and worn.
On the life after death thing, I belive because everybody knows about some kind of God and everybody has been breifed on heaven and other such religous things, when people have a near death experiance they see what they have heard and maybe belived.
I also belive that God is something that somebody wanted soo hard and they started beliveing it and told other who became en-tranced within that nasty circle of GOD!! well maybe.

and well now I shall pray to my ACDC planner... (modded)

code = jibberish
On read = stab several times
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:33
Regular
"0228"
You could just lie there forever, dead and still never to do anything again. That's why I like to think that heaven is a possibility.
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:25
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
The question of if death is The End is a big one, so I'll have a crack at it another time. Personally, I have no idea if there is something afterwards, but you have to be doing something, dead or alive, right?
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:23
Regular
"0228"
cweek2000 wrote:
> Firstly, let me say this is the first time I've talked about this in
> ages on this forum, and I didn't mean to say anyone was weak minded.

I wasn't talking to you personally, it's just that some people would say that it's weak minded to not accept death as The End and in some ways, they could be right.
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:19
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Firstly, let me say this is the first time I've talked about this in ages on this forum, and I didn't mean to say anyone was weak minded.

However, I am thinking about what you said Strafio, it may not be that bad. Just one thing, Gallelio simply discovered about something to benefit science. This is basically how everything came into being. It's not really on the same level.
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:14
Regular
First of, it's not God OR the Big Bang.

God might well have caused the big bang.
Personally I think did, using a flask of Oxygen, and Flask of Hydrogen and a big wooden spoon. (although trees had not yet evolved to make the wood so perhaps it's a little flawed...)

Secondly, if answers to existance were suddenly proved, it wouldn't be a huge catastrophe. Some people would accept it straight away, some would have a messed head for a little while before the accepted it, some people would never accept it and argue against it forever.

But there's no rule saying that people should have to accept it so it wouldn't matter. And after the initial confusion people would be better off for it.

New discoveries of knowledge have caused political outrages before.
Anyone who knows the story of Gallileo would understand, and yet his ideas are now the very basis of our modern science which runs the world we live in.

But this is all hypothetical because it's pretty much impossible to prove these things.
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:05
Regular
I'd like to know either way, absolutely. I just feel that if it was announced that there was proof that God didn't exist and this was proven true etc, that the world would go crazy, and the ammount of suicides would rise dramatically.
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:05
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Wasn't this posted before?
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:04
Regular
"0228"
I wouldn't want proof that God definitely didn't exist. It's nice to think that there's a chance that you'll live after death, and I don't care if you call me weak minded.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

First Class!
I feel that your service on this occasion was absolutely first class - a model of excellence. After this, I hope to stay with Freeola for a long time!
Very pleased
Very pleased with the help given by your staff. They explained technical details in an easy way and were patient when providing information to a non expert like me.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.