GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deaf or blind?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/10/04 at 19:41
Regular
"0228"
What would you rather be?

If you were blind you wouldn't be able to visit this website or any other website for that matter, your computer would be an almost pointless tool and your TV wouldn't get a lot of use either. Also, you wouldn't be able to play computer games and that would be another big blow for me.
If you were deaf you'd still be able to use the internet and watch TV and DVDs because of the great invention that is subtitling. I'd imagine that sign language or lip reading is easier to pick up than braile readind aswell. The main problem with being deaf though, you'd never be able to listen to music. In some ways that could be a blessing (the cheeky girls) but in the main it would be terrible.
Personally, if I had to choose I'd rather be deaf but I think the music thing could sway a lot of people. I hope that neither of these things happen to me and I do feel sorry for those with these disabilities but I'm interested to see everyone else's views.
Mon 11/10/04 at 19:41
Regular
"0228"
What would you rather be?

If you were blind you wouldn't be able to visit this website or any other website for that matter, your computer would be an almost pointless tool and your TV wouldn't get a lot of use either. Also, you wouldn't be able to play computer games and that would be another big blow for me.
If you were deaf you'd still be able to use the internet and watch TV and DVDs because of the great invention that is subtitling. I'd imagine that sign language or lip reading is easier to pick up than braile readind aswell. The main problem with being deaf though, you'd never be able to listen to music. In some ways that could be a blessing (the cheeky girls) but in the main it would be terrible.
Personally, if I had to choose I'd rather be deaf but I think the music thing could sway a lot of people. I hope that neither of these things happen to me and I do feel sorry for those with these disabilities but I'm interested to see everyone else's views.
Mon 11/10/04 at 19:46
Regular
"For One Night Only"
JFH wrote:
> The main problem with being death though,

Would be being dead, right?
Mon 11/10/04 at 19:48
Regular
"END OF AN ERA"
Definitely deafness.
Mon 11/10/04 at 19:48
Regular
"0228"
*Blushes* It is all sorted out now.
Mon 11/10/04 at 19:51
Regular
"For One Night Only"
He edited it, and yet it was still worth quoting.
Mon 11/10/04 at 19:55
Regular
"0228"
It was quite witty.
Mon 11/10/04 at 20:11
Regular
"For One Night Only"
Only "quite" witty?

Gutted...
Mon 11/10/04 at 21:16
Regular
Deaf.
Worst comes to worse, I can have earphones attached to my teeth to listen to music, that's how Beethoven listened to his.
With his teef.
Mon 11/10/04 at 21:32
Regular
"The South Will Rise"
he did not listen to the music, he listened to the vibrations that the piano gave off.....
Mon 11/10/04 at 21:34
Regular
So you'd listen to teh vibrations of teh earpiece.
It's teh same thing.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.
LOVE it....
You have made it so easy to build & host a website!!!
Gemma

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.