GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Deaf or blind?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/10/04 at 19:41
Regular
"0228"
What would you rather be?

If you were blind you wouldn't be able to visit this website or any other website for that matter, your computer would be an almost pointless tool and your TV wouldn't get a lot of use either. Also, you wouldn't be able to play computer games and that would be another big blow for me.
If you were deaf you'd still be able to use the internet and watch TV and DVDs because of the great invention that is subtitling. I'd imagine that sign language or lip reading is easier to pick up than braile readind aswell. The main problem with being deaf though, you'd never be able to listen to music. In some ways that could be a blessing (the cheeky girls) but in the main it would be terrible.
Personally, if I had to choose I'd rather be deaf but I think the music thing could sway a lot of people. I hope that neither of these things happen to me and I do feel sorry for those with these disabilities but I'm interested to see everyone else's views.
Tue 12/10/04 at 20:01
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Yeah. If you're deaf, you can still see loved ones. If you're blind, you can't and life is a guessing game.
Tue 12/10/04 at 20:00
Regular
"For One Night Only"
But let's imagine that you're so deaf, you can't even talk. Can't hear the loudest of sounds. Would it be worth never actually hearing the words, "I love you"?

Still better than being blind, though.
Tue 12/10/04 at 19:56
Regular
"Better Than You"
You can still talk if you're deaf, plus if you want to 'hear' you'd have to always give the person you're talking to the white board to talk back.
Tue 12/10/04 at 19:47
Regular
"In Soviet Russia..."
Deaf. I can use a whiteboard to talk.
Tue 12/10/04 at 19:46
Regular
"Better Than You"
munn wrote:
> So you'd listen to teh vibrations of teh earpiece.
> It's teh same thing.

You wouldn't listen to the vibrations, you'd FEEL the vibrations. :P
Tue 12/10/04 at 19:19
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
i was deaf when i was very young but i don't remember it now. i'd hate to never see the night sky again, or the sea at sunset.
Tue 12/10/04 at 19:15
Regular
"They Call Her 1 Eye"
I'd definitely choose deaf. Although it's a very hard choice. Being told I'm and wanted is the best feeling I've ever felt so it'd be so hard to go without hearing that again but never seeing the face of my boyfriend again would be worse.

The other things like T.V. and stuff would get me down but they are the two rules things that'd make it terrible for me to cope with either.
Tue 12/10/04 at 19:09
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
JFH wrote:
> Edgy wrote:
> I'd rather not be disabled personally...
>
> I don't think you quite understand the point of this topic.

Complicated though it is
Tue 12/10/04 at 18:57
Regular
"but i am a sheep..."
i'd rather be deaf, at least if youre deaf you can lead a some what normal life.
Tue 12/10/04 at 17:15
Regular
"0228"
Edgy wrote:
> I'd rather not be disabled personally...

I don't think you quite understand the point of this topic.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Excellent support service!
I have always found the support staff to provide an excellent service on every occasion I've called.
Ben

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.