GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Laptops - Best place to get them from?"

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/10/04 at 13:33
Regular
To cut a long story short:

I want to buy a laptop that will -

Let me use Word etc
Get me on the internet
Let me burn CD's

And that's about it.

Where's the best place to get one from. I have looked at SR's, but I'm not going to pay 699 for one that does loads more than I need (burning DVD's for example).

I'm not going to play games on it. I don't need wireless networking. I just want a half decent speed one, with the basics.

Any ideas?
Mon 11/10/04 at 18:37
Regular
"8==="
Make friends with someone at a company that always uses the top-end PC's. They'll let you have one of the old PC's that used to be top-end 6-12 months ago.
Mon 11/10/04 at 18:34
Regular
It's not like it was direct competition. It was only a basic laptop in which you don't sell anyway so I didn't see too much of a problem.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:41
Regular
"serenity now!"
Guys - feel free to discuss models and specs and stuff, but please don't place competitor's links here.

Thanks.
Mon 11/10/04 at 17:32
Regular
I'm thinkning of getting one for the same sort of use.

This seems pretty reasonable.
Mon 11/10/04 at 16:48
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Actually, no. I dont sit it on my lap because its hardly the most secure place for it, and you also need a surface for the mouse.
Mon 11/10/04 at 16:34
Regular
"betterthanmoneymake"
cookie monster wrote:
> Notebook = Laptop
>
> People stopped calling them laptops because you can't actually sit
> them on your lap without burning your groin.

ouch!

That ever happened to you then i pressume
Mon 11/10/04 at 16:09
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Notebook = Laptop

People stopped calling them laptops because you can't actually sit them on your lap without burning your groin.
Mon 11/10/04 at 15:50
There isn't, though "laptop" is more of a general term, while notebook can be geared towards a more portable, lighter machine.
Mon 11/10/04 at 15:45
Regular
Cheers.

What's the difference between a Notebook and a Laptop?
Mon 11/10/04 at 14:51
Regular
Cheers for the info, but on John Lewis web-site, the cheapest they had was about 800 quid. A bit too rich for me!

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Unrivalled services
Freeola has to be one of, if not the best, ISP around as the services they offer seem unrivalled.
Everybody thinks I am an IT genius...
Nothing but admiration. I have been complimented on the church site that I manage through you and everybody thinks I am an IT genius. Your support is unquestionably outstanding.
Brian

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.