GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Christopher Reeve R.I.P."

The "Freeola Customer Forum" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Mon 11/10/04 at 10:31
Regular
"Milky Milky"
I have just heard the sad news that Christopher Reeve has died of a heart attack in his New York home. Apparently he had a heart attack on Saturday and slipped into a coma, he died this morning.
Tue 12/10/04 at 16:30
Regular
Timmargh wrote:
> English_Bloke wrote:
> I have to disagree with you in part. While some of what the guy says
> is true, i.e. he wasn’t
> campaigning to help cure paralysis before his accident but did after;
> I still don’t accept that
> this makes him a “selfish a$$hole”?
>
> I know, I know. To be honest I don't really care either way, I just
> found it amusing.
>
> It's never good when anyone dies, celebrity or otherwise.

Unless it's a terrorist. Or a wabber.
Tue 12/10/04 at 10:47
Regular
"you've got a beard"
Timmargh wrote:
> [URL]http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve[/URL]

i know it's probably wrong to have a bit of a smile at this, but i have to say that as much as it sucks that he died so early, and as much as superman 3 ruled, this page DOES raise some interesting points... it just presents them in a pretty crass manner.
Tue 12/10/04 at 10:35
Regular
"Twenty quid."
English_Bloke wrote:
> I have to disagree with you in part. While some of what the guy says is true, i.e. he wasn’t
> campaigning to help cure paralysis before his accident but did after; I still don’t accept that
> this makes him a “selfish a$$hole”?

I know, I know. To be honest I don't really care either way, I just found it amusing.

It's never good when anyone dies, celebrity or otherwise.
Tue 12/10/04 at 10:32
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Not anymore.
Tue 12/10/04 at 10:29
Regular
"50 BLM,30 SMN,25 RD"
I'd class him in the same league as Alex Zanardi.. I'm really impressed by people who go through this sort of thing and can build themselves back up and keep mentally strong about it. Inspirational. I'm quite shocked, I gathered his quality of life was much improved but sadly not it seems.
Tue 12/10/04 at 09:43
Regular
"Pouch Ape"
Heh, the firs**t thing I did when I read the news was go to the Maddox website, but I think what he did is going to get a lot of hate mail.

Quite amazing that he got a small amount of feeling back, but with that amount of money and care, he s**tood a better chance of that happening than mos**t. Of course it's a shame for anybody to die that way, but did you ever see a picture of him not smiling? He came to terms with his accident and got his sh*t together. That sort of attitude doesn't rely on money. *sniff* poor Superman.
Tue 12/10/04 at 04:38
Regular
"Puerile Shagging"
Timmargh wrote:
> Timmargh wrote:
> [URL]http://maddox.xmission.com/c.cgi?u=creeve[/URL]
>
> The Hibernator wrote:
> That's terrible.
>
> It's the truth.

I have to disagree with you in part. While some of what the guy says is true, i.e. he wasn’t campaigning to help cure paralysis before his accident but did after; I still don’t accept that this makes him a “selfish a$$hole”?
Tue 12/10/04 at 01:01
Regular
"Bad Wolf; England"
Scope wrote:
> Suddenly people give a sh*t and go on about how he was a
> "hero" jus**t because he was the firs**t Superman in a movie (I
> don't mean here I've been reading elsewhere)
> Anyway R.I.P I guess but I know nothing much about him at all and no
> I haven't seen the firs**t SuperMan movie but I would never take it as
> seriously as some places I've read..
> I'll have to read the papers but I doubt i'll find him that
> "hero" people have been calling him.

He was a hero in real-life because he was campaining to help find a cure for other paralysis victims.
Mon 11/10/04 at 23:43
Regular
Suddenly people give a sh*t and go on about how he was a "hero" jus**t because he was the firs**t Superman in a movie (I don't mean here I've been reading elsewhere)
Anyway R.I.P I guess but I know nothing much about him at all and no I haven't seen the firs**t SuperMan movie but I would never take it as seriously as some places I've read..
I'll have to read the papers but I doubt i'll find him that "hero" people have been calling him.
Mon 11/10/04 at 22:55
Regular
"+34 Intellect"
Heh, maddox wins again.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

The coolest ISP ever!
In my opinion, the ISP is the best I have ever used. They guarantee 'first time connection - everytime', which they have never let me down on.
I am delighted.
Brilliant! As usual the careful and intuitive production that Freeola puts into everything it sets out to do. I am delighted.

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.