GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Convince me to sell/keep my xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/01/05 at 13:21
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
If I sell its for a GC if I dont no GC for me. Basicly I was directed to you by a certain someone as your not all fanboys that will jsut give me pro's about the GC so go go GO.
Mon 10/01/05 at 19:59
Regular
"kill my enemys"
well,both machines have got good and bad reasons why to buy them.

well i will start with the xbox,it has 4 controller pads so you can have fun with mates.you dont need to fiddle arpound with memory cards so you save money there.there is xbox live which i think is a very good tool if you like going to face loads of other people across the country.it also has some top games that come on the console.games such as halo 2 and the gta series.

the bad things about the xbox are that the controller pads are really big and if you have small hand it will be hard for you to hold to the controller.also it has many buttons on the pad so you will have to get used to that.it also doesnt get some top games and sometimes the cheap games on it are rather cruddy.also the machine is very unreliable and breaks down easier than any other console.also the look is very dull with a rectangular shape and black and green colours.not very attractive.also the manufacturers are microsoft which arent a good company as they normally do p.c.

you see?more bad points than good points!

the gamecube is a very small and attractive console which comes in purple,black or silver.it also has 4 controller ports so you can have with mates.the gamecube controller pads are small enough for your hands so you can controller it easyish also the buttons are to a minimal so you wont get very confused with the buttons.it also has very fun games which are fun with mutiplayer which are great if you have friends over a lot.it also looks very attractive in any room.

the bad points for the gamecube is that it hasnt many online features but that doesnt matter if your a no fuss person.it hasnt got the top games such as gta or halo or burnout 3.sometimes the games are very childish and simple.

you see the xbox has more bad points and the gamecube more good points so read this and i think you'll find the gamecube is better than the xbox!
Mon 10/01/05 at 19:28
Regular
"kill my enemys"
AfroJoe wrote:
> fire_s**tarter wrote:
> What about the PS2?
>
> It sucks ass.

thats probably the mos**t s**tupid thing you've ever said.the ps2 is a classic i have both got a ps2 and a gamecube.so im not biased.

the gamecube is better than the ps2 but you cant say it 'sucks ass' as it is very hard for a machine to 'suck' on someones ass.it has classic games and so does the gamecube.so dont say that.cose its a load of sh*t!
Mon 10/01/05 at 16:19
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
Got Eternal Darkness and REmake instead seeing as none of the shops around me had Sunshine (WTF?) Still Eternal is alright so far and REmake is classic.
Mon 10/01/05 at 15:30
Regular
The battles were good.

But the serching for map and triforce pieces thing was just a blatant attempt to stretch out the game time and was totally needless and dull.
Mon 10/01/05 at 15:27
Regular
"gsybe you!"
The final section was the best!

The final two battles were insane in scope and beauty.

Art in game form.
Mon 10/01/05 at 15:25
Regular
Hedfix wrote:
> This coming from the guy who spent a lifetime on the shallow extras in
> Fable. ;P

I have a knack for making things last.

Wind Waker was superb though!

Just a shame that the sailing and the final section of the game kinda let down the beggining. It was all still superbly designed though and even the duller bits were better than 98% of the games out there.

Certainly showed Microsoft how much fun single player games should be.
Mon 10/01/05 at 15:19
Regular
"gsybe you!"
WW is better than 98% of games out today. But it had to live up to the greates**t game ever.

Yeah, how sh*t.
Mon 10/01/05 at 15:01
Regular
"8==="
This coming from the guy who spent a lifetime on the shallow extras in Fable. ;P
Mon 10/01/05 at 14:22
Regular
Wind Waker was superb you irrefutable butt fungus.

The only bad parts were there was too much damn water and the game could have done with a bit more difficutly. Other than that it was a sublime game, that didn't quite meet the stupidly high standards of OOT...but not many games do.
Mon 10/01/05 at 08:20
Regular
It's not great, but after the truly great Minish Cap, I'm in the mood for more Zelda.

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

10/10
Over the years I've become very jaded after many bad experiences with customer services, you have bucked the trend. Polite and efficient from the Freeola team, well done to all involved.
Easy and free service!
I think it's fab that you provide an easy-to-follow service, and even better that it's free...!
Cerrie

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.