GetDotted Domains

Viewing Thread:
"Convince me to sell/keep my xbox"

The "General Games Chat" forum, which includes Retro Game Reviews, has been archived and is now read-only. You cannot post here or create a new thread or review on this forum.

Sun 09/01/05 at 13:21
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
If I sell its for a GC if I dont no GC for me. Basicly I was directed to you by a certain someone as your not all fanboys that will jsut give me pro's about the GC so go go GO.
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:21
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
If I sell its for a GC if I dont no GC for me. Basicly I was directed to you by a certain someone as your not all fanboys that will jsut give me pro's about the GC so go go GO.
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:23
Regular
"Jog on, sunshine"
Do you like intelligent, unique, witty games that make you smile? Get a Gamecube.

If you like FPS/Racing games, or like playing online, keep your Xbox.

Simple.
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:25
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
I like both :( I really am completely torn between these 2 consoles.
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:25
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
You could sell one/two of you xbox games for £40 and get a GC...
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:26
Regular
"I play the Harmonic"
But then I dont have a game for it. Plus I dont really want to sell any of my box games.
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:29
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
Well, if you sell your Xbox (how much are/do you want top sell it for?) you could probably get a GC and loads of games seeing as they're really cheap now.
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:31
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
BTW, I got this from gamesradar.com :

"In what could mark the beginning of the end for Gamecube in the UK, some retailers have started to sell the machine for as little as £39.99.

Accessories and software are also being reduced across the board. Mario Kart: Double Dash!! for £9.99, Mario Sunshine for £6.99 and WrestleMania X8 for a mere £5.99, and a selection of titles from the Players Choice range for £6.99 are some of the titles appearing in sales across the country".

If you can get a GC for 40 and classic games for £7 then i'd sell your Xbox if I were you.
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:35
Regular
"Random by default"
Well a few things come to mind from how you use the Xbox first.

Do you use it to play DVDs? The GC cant do this, but if you have a DVD player/pc or laptop that can play them no real porblem :) I live at uni halls so if anything i have too many dvd players to choose from ;)
Online play? The Gamecube has a few games that can be played online, but not many. If you dont play Xbox online, and no intention to, no problem.

Also are there any new Xbox releases coming out you want to play? I know conker/Perfect dark are "in the making". If there are and they are not far off id say put selling it off for a bit till you play these games. I did this with my PSOne, made sure i played all the games i wanted to play before selling it on, i forgot to do this with my dreamcast and i still look back and can see one or two games id like to of played. Maybe rent them from somewhere so you dont lose any extra money.

The thing with the Gamecube is, Gamecube exclusive games! Theres many games i personally see as worth buying a console for to play. Metroid/mario sunshine just two, and Resi Evil and the new Zelda are out soon. Sure many others could give you a long list of them ;-)

Argos is selling the console for £40 atm (not an official price drop so i dont know how long it will last or anything) maybe you could afford it as well as keeping the xbox? Also as your joining "late" as it were you can prob find some AAA games in the player choice range or just cheap :-)

It really is personal choice, id go by listing the games you want to play/keep playing on Xbox and then the ones that are tempting you on the GC (which im sure someone will list).
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:36
Regular
"Devotion 2The Ocean"
Just get rid of your X-Box before it packs in like mine did last week!

:(
Sun 09/01/05 at 13:38
Regular
"Stridman in disguis"
I agree with Concept. You could try keeping your Xbox and try to get a GC too. That way you wont miss out on anything.

:D

Freeola & GetDotted are rated 5 Stars

Check out some of our customer reviews below:

Great services and friendly support
I have been a subscriber to your service for more than 9 yrs. I have got at least 12 other people to sign up to Freeola. This is due to the great services offered and the responsive friendly support.
Excellent
Excellent communication, polite and courteous staff - I was dealt with professionally. 10/10

View More Reviews

Need some help? Give us a call on 01376 55 60 60

Go to Support Centre
Feedback Close Feedback

It appears you are using an old browser, as such, some parts of the Freeola and Getdotted site will not work as intended. Using the latest version of your browser, or another browser such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera will provide a better, safer browsing experience for you.